“Best value in Portsmouth”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Portsmouth
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best value in Portsmouth”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting family in Portsmouth. Having previously stayed at the Super 8 close by, we were a little apprehensive but our fears turned out to be unfounded and this is an excellent establishment.

Breakfast bar was good and well stocked. Plenty of fresh coffee and

All staff friendly and curteous.

There was a refridgerator in our room but no microwave, this was explained by the receptionist to be due to the cabinet layout and we were told if we needed a microwave they would privide one. Apparently this establishment was formerly the Holiday Inn, which has now been replaced by a new build in downtown Portsmouth.

No hesititation in recommending this place if you need accommodation in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nickbeee
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
It's hard to believe that we are heading down the back side of summer. It has been busy here at the Comfort Inn of Portsmouth Ohio and we would like to thank all who have written reviews regarding our staff and the services that we provide. We wish that all our guests could return to the area for happy events but sometimes that just isn't the case. We express our sympathy to those who have lost a loved one and we are sincere regarding our guests loss. We try to take the worry out of hotel rooms and try to accomodate the families. We appreciate all our summer construction companies as well as traveling ball teams. We thank you the guests because without you we couldn't be a success.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Univeristy Place
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a good experience. Staff was friendly and breakfast was satisfactory. I have a few minor complaints though. The doors aren't very sound proof, walls are no problem, but hallways are kind noisy. Second complaint is it's in a weird location; if you're going southbound, you have to turn left after you pass the hotel and then turn a 180 to go back towards the hotel on an alley/driveway. If you're going northbound if you see the hotel on the hill you've passed the alley/driveway. What put it back up to a five rating for me was we originally made the reservation online for three nights with the pay in full, non reimbursable rate but then our plans changed and they reimbursed me back anyways! Speaks of their customer first attitude. Stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I do agree that we are located in a weird location and it would be super nice if we could have signs closer to US 23 to alert our guests to please turn here. We are currently trying to figure a solution to our lack of signs closer to the highway. Thank you for telling other guests how great we are here at the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth Ohio. The staff work very hard and we want to give the guests the best that is expected and deserved. We pride ourselves in customer service putting our guests at number 1.
Pleasant Plain, Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here with my wife, for a Masonic function in Portsmouth, the room was great, and very clean. The pool was supposed to be heated but the heat must have been turned off. I have stayed at other Comfort sites and the weekend breakfast usually runs until 1030, but this one only runs until 0930, forcing me to get up earlier than I wanted.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WILLIAM L
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We do have breakfast hours until 9:30am each morning. We do try to extend our hours on the weekends when we have larger groups or special events. The indoor pool is heated and we keep the water temperature around 85 degrees. We do hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth Ohio.
St Catharines
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel really upsets me, the hotel itself was ok, but we arrived there shortly after they had a snow storm with ice. Ok I am from Canada and my husband and I clear snow for seniors. I have to admit the front entrance was clear but the parking lot and the side entrances were terrible. We travel with a little dog and use the side entrances for potty breaks outside, it was treacherous to try and walk on the ice, the entrances were not cleared, coated in ice, and the driveway was worse. I am sorry but there was a total lack of respect for their customers safety, Then there was inside the room, when I put my dogs dish on the floor it wasnt minutes and the whole bowl was filled with ants. I ended up sitting her up on the bed and feeding here there. Upon leaving the hotel the next morning we witnessed a man fall on the ice in the parking lot thinking he probably had broke his arm. I feel that a little more respect to the customers should have been showen regarding the snow issues, you can't tell me no one has a plow, hire someone, its not rocket science.Hire a student or something, won't be back there in the winter

Room Tip: Maybe stay off the ground floor so the ants can't get in
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda S
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We do apologize for your recent stay. We do try to keep our parking lots and sidewalks clear as we are under contract with a snow removal company. This winter has not been our typical winter as the salt supply in the state of ohio had been used up. As soon as the supply was available the lots and walks were cleared. As you mentioned of the ants, we were under contract with a national company to provide pest control. We also spray the building when we are aware of any bug issues that are encountered in our rooms. We have now ended the previous contract and now have a company that is providing us with excellent service. We do put our customers safety number one and we hope that you will consider visiting us again so that we can provide you with the great service.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to the staff and General Manager Sharon Smith of the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth, Ohio. Our family (Harlow) was in town for our mother's funeral, Sharon and her staff went over and beyond to welcome us during this very emotional reunion. Our rooms were very clean, breakfast was outstanding and the rate was very reasonable!
We truly cannot thank you enough for making our stay more enjoyable. I highly recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate that you took time to acknowledge the hard working staff. Our goal is to meet the needs of our guests and we want everyone to feel this is their home away from home. We hope that if you are in the area that you will stop in and say hello.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Just got back from a 5 night stay and I don't usually post reviews but I was compelled to post because of the excellent customer service.
Out extended family ended up taking three rooms as more and more family came into town which caused a little bit of chaos but Don helped us out and even got us rooms next to each other.
Don was patient and solved all of our problems with a smile.
All of our rooms were nice and we really enjoyed the large assortment of breakfasts items.
The two double beds in my room were very comfortable and it was nice that 2 firm and 2 soft pillows were left on each bed.
Loved my stay and the next time I'm in town from Los Angeles visiting family in South Webster this is the place I'll be staying.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so very much for telling me how great of customer service that you received while staying at our hotel. We take pride in making you the guest important to our business. Your feedback helps me to determine that I have made a great choice in having Don on our team. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

There are not enough good things I can say about this property! The check in process was quick and easy. The gentleman that checked me in was very friendly and made me feel welcome. The room was much larger than I expected. For $70 I was able to have a king bed and couch in the room. A near by Comfort Inn charges $85 for a room with two doubles and no couch. I loved the large mirror door for the closet. Overall, I was very impressed with the room. When it came time to check out, again, the staff was very friendly.

It wasn't until I left the hotel that I realized I had left behind a blanket. I called back to see if it was found by the housekeeping department. To my surprise, I also left my hair dryer and soap in the shower. I explained to the woman that I had already left the area but would be traveling back through the following week. I had not yet made another reservation because I wanted to see how my first experience was. I am happy to say that I have already made my next reservation and the hotel staff has informed me that my lost and found items will be waiting upon my return. If you're traveling through the Wheelersburg/Portsmouth area, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. It is clean, quiet, and has some of the best hotel staff I have experienced in my life.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon_Smith_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback on your past stay. I love to hear that my staff are friendly and we pride ourselves in customer service. My staff work very hard on their jobs and appreciate the encouragement that you the guest can give us to improve on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Portsmouth Downtown
#1 of 2 in Wheelersburg
#1 of 2 in Piketon
Ameristay Hotel Inn & Suites Waverly
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ironton
Shawnee Lodge and Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!