Holiday Inn Portsmouth Downtown
Comfort Inn(Piketon)
$77
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
All reviewsohio riverfinishing toucheslarge indoor poolhotel optionsflood wallnice hotelking roombed and pillowsclean roomsfamily reunionwithin walking distancewould stay here againeasy accessoscarscontractorsrenovationkroger
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This holiday Inn is located in downtown. It is close to places to eat. It is very clean and the hotel's restaurant serves good food. Service is very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
scook350, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. The month of April is Rock-n-Roll month in Portsmouth. We have entertainers performing at the Vern Riffe Center for the arts, That is within walking distance of the hotel. Check out online "Rock & Roll house party, WNXT. Bringing back the memories.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Our room was clean and recently remodeled. It was nice and beds comfortable. Only thing is we were on the second floor right outside the elevator on a Friday night, there was a lot of noisy guest coming in at 2 and 3 in the morning and they were very loud, apparently drunk. This went on about 3 or 4 times during the night, I should have called down and complained, so with that said the hotel was great but ask for a room away from the elevator even though these fools walked all the way down the hall yelling and screaming and giggling at each other so I'm sure they woke a lot of other guest up too. All in all the hotel was a good clean place to stay but a bit pricey I think, cost us over $100.00 for 2 double bed, 1 night stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
scook350, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn. I am so sorry for the noise you experience. St. Patrick's Day weekend sometimes comes with some heavy celebrations. We do try to keep our hotel quiet for our quest's comfort. Next time please call down to the Front Desk and let us know of any disturbances, There is staff on duty 24 hours a day, and the celebrating guest may not be aware they are being too loud.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel isn't bad when you consider the location. Overall the room was nice, the bed was comfortable and the staff was really nice. I got in late so I didn't feel like going anywhere so I decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. After having to send my food back, it was ok, which isn't how I typically like to classify a $22 meal.

Overall this hotel is old and covering up old with a can of paint doesn't work.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The rooms in this hotel were clean and modern and have been remodeled. However, the tub was chipped which made it look dirty and when you looked closely other things were dirty (such as the lamps, bathroom floor, etc). The hotel has been remodeled but it seems none of the contractors clean up. The windows were dirty and around the pool was very dusty and with paint cans/ladders visible to the guests. There is still a lot of work to be done here and at $122+TAX/night, the price was too high for the "value" received.

Room Tip: don't stay by the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I and our two children stayed overnight there yesterday and I was impressed with the outside and inside. The Lobby was clean and nice, very modern looking. The ladies there were very nice even let my children and I sit in the restaurant when they were closed between 10am and 11am. My kids where hungry and I didn't realize it closed for the hour. And they offered for us to eat anyway. They went out of there way and I felt very well taken care of and we had great service. The front desk was easy check-in except. The only unpleasant thing was an older gentleman who my husband dealt with seemed a bit cranky and put out. The hotel book in the room explains you can ask for a late check out up to 1 pm if okayed by the front desk. This was great for us since my husband was not going to be back with the car until 12am from his interview. So my kids and I could stay there while he was gone. He asked the man if 12:30 would be okay and he said 12am would be ok and said to come by again in the morning on his way out to tell the ladies before he left in the morning. So he did so, but the ladies where really busy so the man was still there and said to go ahead and go. I really don't understand why 12 or 12:30 made the difference and why the gentleman couldn't have made the request be known himself instead of having us having to come back by only for him to end up having to relay the message anyway. So that was a bit annoying. Rooms where pretty clean. Beds are very nice. I would only stay here, if you are in Portsmouth for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family