“Staff and manager made a bad situation an excellent vacation”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Massillon, Ohio
“Staff and manager made a bad situation an excellent vacation”
Reviewed August 26, 2010

When I booked this room on the Comfort Inn reservation line, I specifically asked for one certain room and they assured me that I could get it. My husband and I stayed in the room on our honeymoon and we were celebrating our anniversary. Upon check in, we learned that the reservation line had made no notes about the room we wanted and the place was completely full. Needless to say, I was quite upset and frankly I was not very nice to the girl at the desk. She called the manager Dave and he came to the counter. He explained that people were already in the room and he got an earful from me. He stayed calm and assured me that he would find me a room that we would be happy in. After about 5 minutes of him making changes on the computer, he walked us down to the room that he would be able to put us in. The room turned out to be a beautiful room right on the lake. After we got settled in, we went to the pool. Later, Dave came out to the pool to make sure we were happy with everything and even brought us clean towels. It turned out to be a wonderful weekend and the entire staff (including the girl that cleaned our room) were so nice to us. The hotel is not the newest or most beautiful, but the people that work there more than made up for it. Thanks to everyone there!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2010

needed a quick overnight place to sleep. Perfect hotel for what I needed. great location as well. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2010

good place to stay, convenient location to lake erie and winery.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My family and I loved not only the comfort of the room and swimming pool, but also enjoyed the location of the hotel, which was close to our destination. The deck by the pool overseeing Lake Erie was a fantastic view. My family and I enjoyed swimming in the pool during sunset. It was a pleasant experience all around.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We had such a great time at this Comfort Inn! The view of the lake, the sunsets, the "Jolly Roger/' restaurant next door featuring Lake Erie perch and Walleye, the ease of getting to the ferry for the islands and the endless help of all staff was impeccable. One morning, the toaster stopped working. Dave, the manager, went out then and there to purchase a new toaster. Talk about accomodating! Yes...I will definitely return to that very Comfort Inn!!!

Venetia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This is a very nice place. The rooms are nice and the location is excellent. Right on the lake. Dave the Manager was very helpful. I would recomment this place to anyone.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2010

The staff was so very friendly, especially the manager, Dave. When we arrived we were all the things travelers tend to be: fussy, tired, hungry and it was as though it all melted away once we were greeted. The room, bathroom and halls were clean and well air conditioned. It was a quiet, relaxed atmophere. The complimentary breakfast could use a little work, but all in all we were exceptionally satisfied with our stay. We would definately stay here on our next trip to the lake.