“Pass on this one!”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
S. Bloomingville, Ohio
“Pass on this one!”
Reviewed October 17, 2004

With so many other choices in the area, I'd suggest staying somewhere else. While the room was clean and soundproofing good, even the reasonable rate would not convince me to return. My main disappointment was that there is no wall to the bathroom. No wall, you ask? I didn't think it was possible either, but it was! In our room set-up, there was a jacuzzi tub in between the bathroom and the living area with only shower curtains to seperate the two rooms so that there was absolutely no privacy. With such an unusual and unacceptable floorplan, the management should make potential travelers aware of what they are getting themselves into. There is also a $1.07 fee per night for the "privalege" of having a safe in your room, whether it is used or not.

6 Thank TheNiff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2004

My husband and I thought we were going to have a nice vacation, but after we checked in AT THE PORT CLINTON COMFORT INN we found no refrigerator , no microwave, no light bulb in the lamp, no soap, no wash clothes and no hand towels. One of the sinks had a bottle of cleaner on it. The sink was filthy. The carpet was stained of something that looked like dried milk, dirty-black spider webs were found behind the bathroom door and across the lamp shades. The tissue container had 4 kleenex in it, and the metal was smugged with finger prints. Dirty grim and dust was on the bathroom vanity. The shower curtain and bathroom smelled of urine. The toilet bowel and lid had stains of urine. The mattress springs were showing the foam padding on the side from head to toe. The bed had been made with short sheets and then we saw and killed cockroaches.
The young man at the check in counter tried to correct as much as he could. He could not get the dirt out of the sink. The only thing he did was bring soap, a refrigerator, and towels. He did do something. But the next day we had no wash clothes or hand towels. After a trip to the front desk to request that the housekeeping dept. bring these items to the room and a request for a comment card we were seriously ignored.
That evening the young lady at the check in counter gave us 4 hand towels as she could not find the wash clothes. I made a trip to Wal mart to buy the wash clothes and towels that the Comfort Inn could not provide.
I cleaned and disinfected the room to the best of my ability.
A refrigerator was found and brought to our room where it was to stay on the floor under the sink.
I felt that I was standing on my head when I wanted to get something out of the refridge. The refrigerator placement under the sink, on the floor makes it hard for folk with back or blood pressure problems. I also wondered about the sanitary factors. The refrigerator was sitting on the carpet.
While I complained to the check out gentleman about our unsatisfactory stay , another lady stated "Our toilet leaks and the housekeeping dept. needs to do a better job. We are checking out and going to another hotel."
We never got a microwave. By the way, we were charged for a safety box that was in the room. That was an item that we did not use, need, or want.

• Stayed August 2004