“Fun hotel right on the water”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
McMurray, Pennsylvania
“Fun hotel right on the water”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Quality Inn Port Clinton Ohio was great. It is pet friendly (which is why we stayed there) and also directly on the water. The front desk people were wonderful....they also have a free breakfast bar which was very nice. Lots of Green for walking pets. Beautiful deck looking over the lake. Would stay again if we come back to Port Clinton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Maumee, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was with a group of 40 and did a bicycle ride from Toledo to Port Clinton called Bike to the Bay. A group of us stayed in this hotel. They were great - I would guess everyone who stayed that night was on this ride. The hotel staff was great at checking in so many people at the same time. Breakfast for all was great and a good deal. The location was great and the things you can do in the summer in Port Clinton are endless...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were very happy with our stay.

Free breakfast was great and attended very well.

Front desk personnel were very friendly.

Lakefront room was exceptional. Clean. No bugs.

Location was great for touring the area. Close to the Jet Express to Put-In-Bay (shuttle service available). Easy drive to Cedar Point, Catawba Island, Sandusky and Marblehead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenny K
FtWayne
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights during the week of July 22nd. I had read the reviews here on Tripadvisor and would say most are the same as we experienced. We booked a lake-view room with Jacuzzi. When we got to our room and opened the door there was that smell other reviewers have mentioned. We brought along a room freshener that took care of the smell. I guess you would say the smells were from what I perceive as older damp carpeting and a sour smell emanating from the Jacuzzi tub. There was a mini fridge in the room that was in need of a good defrosting as there was about an inch or more of ice buildup inside. The placement for the Jacuzzi tub was somewhat weird. The Jacuzzi tub and shower curtains are what separated the bathroom from the main room. If you were using the toilet, others in the room would be privy to what was going on in the toilet. Another problem we experienced was with the HVAC unit. One night it was very windy outside as the wind was blowing in from the lake. The wind was literally blowing in through the HVAC unit making a howling noise reminiscent of being in Dorthy's bedroom of The Wizard of Oz during the tornado scene. This went on all night long making it difficult to sleep. We loved the outside pool and wood deck. The view is nice and it was peaceful. The morning breakfast was decent. they had muffins, doughnuts,bread and toaster. They also had fruits, a waffle iron and scrambled eggs and sausage patties. The young lady taking care of the breakfast area was very friendly and kept everything stocked. I guess you could call the room rates they charged as average for that area because of Cedar Point but I have paid less for a Comfort Suites and Clarion in other cities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank indianaflats
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel has recently changed from a Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn. It was freshened up a bit but is otherwise essentially the same place as it was before, with minor differences. The hotel overall was pretty good but there were a few unfortunate glitches that took away from the overall experience. The room and bathroom were clean and the linen fit the mattresses well. The mattresses were comfortable and the towels were good quality. The showerhead was poor because the flow was so severely restricted that the pattern was weak and sparse and it took a LONG time to get decently washed off. The air conditioner also was a problem for me because the fan constantly cycled on and off with the thermostat instead of constantly running... the change in noise woke me up several times during the night. This is a "feature" that can be programmed on the unit itself by the maintenance staff but the hotel will not do it. Unfortunately the hotel still allows smoking, and the nonsmoking rooms that are closest to the smoking section get pretty saturated with unwanted smoke. The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise: scrambled eggs and sausage were available in addition to the standard cereals and bagels that most places offer.

Room Tip: If you don't like smoke, ask for a room far from the smoking area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ed M
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived prior to the 4th of July holiday. We received a wonderful rate and loved our room with the jacuzzi so much that we stayed through the holiday. We had no problem extending our stay even though it was a busy period for them. Breakfast was average hot breakfast but still better than continental only.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this quality in because it's no longer the comfort inn anymore last night where when I went to check in I had to press a buzzer to apparently wake up the front desk clerk. I finally get my key after 10 minutes I going to my room there's white spots all over a blue carpet got only knows what that is. I did not have a remote control for my TV my air conditioner did not work half the night. The overall experience was horrible and I recommend you do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013