Quality Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$80
$83
Country Inn
$65
$90
The Island House Hotel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$79
$71
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$103
Arlington Inn(Port Clinton)
$85
$73
Beachfront Resort(Port Clinton)
$90
OurGuest Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$89
$83
White Caps Motel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$69
All reviewssmall windowroom was cleanview of the lakethe jet expresspool arealabor daywafflesfree breakfastking bedupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Went there to get a day away. The cost was $49 for a king Jacuzzi suite. (I understand it was the off season.) The hotel was passable for the price. However, they need to spend some time with some elbow grease and update the place. Sealing the deck; updating the rooms; and just overall remodel are needed. Don't get me wrong, it is not totally out of date. It is just getting pretty close. It is unfortunate because the location is tremendous. The breakfast food was also pretty poor. You could have used the cooked eggs as coasters for your drinks. Would I stay again? For $49, probably. For more than that, I would be disappointed..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I want to give this place a better rating because the staff are excellent and the room does the job. The "lake view" is heavily obscured by Burger King and trees but the room is fine and clean enough. The location is right on the lake with various junk food, grocery and other stores at the doorstep and the area seems safe. But there are a few problems.

The wifi didn't work in my room. I suspect it would work in the rooms closest to reception though as it was fine in the breakfast room.

There are ants in the jacuzzi and centipedes in the room. I'm pretty sure the centipedes are harmless but I hear their presence can sometimes be a clue to deeper insect problems.

The water pressure is pretty bad. I was all set to give this place 3/5 until I couldn't get the shampoo out of my hair in the morning. It takes a long time to warm up too.

Definitely not the worst place I've stayed but I suspect you can find better in the price range.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2012

A big group of us stay in Port Clinton every year and it has migrated from hotel to hotel as some end up being pretty terrible. It's not easy to find a hotel on the lake with ACCESS to the lake and the Comfort Inn is one of the few in the area that does.

What this place has going for it is location and the pool area which is one of the nicer ones in the area. The pool is really nice and is kept clean and the cabana is nice to have some shade. I wish they had more chairs but it is what it is. The sunsets from here are unreal. The breakfasts here are also pretty decent for being "free" and I loved the change of flavors for the belgian waffles (the vanilla is delicious!).

What this place doesn't have going for it is the rooms. They aren't the greatest. If you know you're going to be in and out of the pool area often request a room toward the end of the hall so you aren't constantly hiking back and forth. The bonus is that you should also have a nice lake view from your room as well. The beds are pretty stiff and uncomfortable and are not the cleanest you will find. However, this area is not really a high end place and it could be worse (I'm looking at you Best Budget Inn).

It's nice to be able to walk to some food options from here (Big Boy, Burger King and the Jolly Roger) as well as to be able to use the ramp to get into the lake.

Also note: keep an eye on your credit card charges especially if you are renting with a group. Last year despite my changing the reservation to my card prior to check in and AT check in they still managed to bill the person that made the reservation's credit card despite my asking, many times to verify the charge was in fact going to MY card. When I figured it out and called no one would give me the manager and when I finally resorted to email I never got a reply.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north end are all suites with king beds and a whirlpool. However note that the rooms have shower curtains separating the room from the bathroom and NOT a wall. Rooms at the north end have a view of the lake, others have a view of either a fence or burger king.
Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Port Clinton in August 2011. Very nice and clean hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle to the Put-In-Bay ferry. The best thing was the pool and outdoor deck. Beautiful views especially at sunset. Will definitely stay again. Very enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was quite the room I tell you. We booked the room as an overnight stop on a road trip and took a punt on the hotel. It is on the lake front.

The hotel is older, and well it lacks any refinements that indicate the management is trying to make it better. Everything is basic and functional, nothing is done with an eye to improving style. The hallways are kind of dirty, that old dirt that a makeover can only fix. There was a broken door near the exit to the lake front that was slamming in the wind, it needed a new auto closing arm, yet seemed to have been broken for a while.

The room I booked was a king hot tube suite. Here was an eye opener, yes it had a nice sized hot tub, BUT, it was set in the wall area between the bedroom and bathroom. Now picture this, a shower curtain between the hot tub and restroom, and another shower curtain between the hot tub and bedroom... what's missing from this picture? NO WALL between the pan and bedroom! So if you want to take a dump (number 2's), you need to be very comfortable sharing with your room guests.... there are two shower curatins between the pan and bedroom!!!!, Ironically it did have a closing door to get into the bathroom, but that's just to create a place to walk through I guess.

Our solution was to use the restroom downstairs in the pool area.

Also, and maybe it's because of the near lake location, there seemed to be a number of other "guests" like centies and spiders about the place in hallways. I think they stay for free.

Breakfast was good. Full hot breakfast and plenty of it. That's about all tat I can say was above par. The rest well below expectations.

Ok you could stay here at a pinch but I would say, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere?
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple