“Not a Bad Choice”

Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Here at McCarthy's we strive to provide an enjoyable experience for the families that dine here by offering a clean, cozy, inviting dining experience along with the atmosphere of an Irish Pub and Irish theme and with a staff that is professional, friendly and helpful.
Florida
“Not a Bad Choice”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

McCarthy's seems to be a pretty solid establishment. It's clean, it's lively, it's right downtown, and though the food isn't spectacular it's certainly better than merely satisfactory. There's nothing extraordinarily memorable about the place--it's a typical contemporary Irish pub--but you can get a good meal and a cold beer here.

• Visited June 2013

Gassville, Arkansas
“Walleye and Balogna”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am a huge fan of fried balogna sandwiches and McCarthy's didn't disappoint. Great atmosphere and great staff!

Visited June 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
“Fantastic Salad”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was in town for five days and I ate here every night. I think it's hard getting a good salad in a restaurant these days, but this place has a great selection and does them very well. Good portions and very imaginative. I know this isn't their specialty, but it could be! Great price for the salads too.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 226leisab
Oxford, Michigan
“Good Irish Pub”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

GF and I stopped in for a late dinner, I had a delicious shepard's pie, tortilla soup, and a hoppy dark red draft beer that I had never heard of previously. Loved it.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kevvie90
Niles, Mi
“Nothing to Write Home About.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I dined at McCarthy’s while staying overnight in Port Clinton. I found my bowl of Irish stew to be salty and lacking potatoes and other vegetables. There were plenty of Beef chunks, but little else. I felt that it was overpriced for what I received. The two glasses of Guinness that I had were not properly drawn and were a disappoint seeing that McCarthy’s is an Irish pub. My waitress was attentive and pleasant. I will not be dining at McCarthy’s the next time that I am in Port Clinton because there are many other dining spots in the downtown area. I am not saying not to eat at McCarthy’s because it was much crowded with locals the evening that I was there. Maybe my Irish stew came from the bottom of the pot.

Visited April 2013