“Great time!”

Ranked #11 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Here at McCarthy's we strive to provide an enjoyable experience for the families that dine here by offering a clean, cozy, inviting dining experience along with the atmosphere of an Irish Pub and Irish theme and with a staff that is professional, friendly and helpful.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Typical Irish pub. Great atmosphere. Friendly service. Good food. Paul, our server was kick butt! He looks like Alan from Hangover but a way better waiter than the real guy. He made us feel welcomed and was very helpful & knowledgable! We will definitely come back!

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Fun place!! Nick the bartender is quick w/ a refill, sarcasm (with me), directions to other points of interest and conversation. Great menu, must have the Scottish eggs, Perch basket and TO DIE FOR REUBEN!! Good drinks, great service from Nick and average on pricing. Stayed in town a couple times this summer and you are our top casual restraunt choice! Thx for a good experience!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate here for a dozen people. Bangers were good, mash was dry and flavorless. Shepherds pie had a good gravy and was a large portion. The perch was liked by many, but some said it was over breaded. I tried to order one scotch egg instead of the standard order oftwo. The server did not seem too interested in my request and they did not give me one or even two???? I wish they would have accomodated this simple request. I would return.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've never seen such amazing things done to reubens and stew. Imagine all you love about stew (or a reuben) and put it between two potato pancakes and smother it with cheese. It was phenomenal. The service, atmosphere, and price were just as great as the food. We took our cousins here and will be sure to bring more friends to McCarthy's. You can't beat the location either: right in downtown Port Clinton and in walking distance to the lake and park.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The wife and I stopped here after a bad experience down the street at another restaurant. This place is great. It has the Irish pub feel with the dark wood bar. The food and prices are great. I had the perch and the wife had the fish and chips. It was very tasty with large portions. We could have easily shared the perch and the fish for the fish and chips is one giant filet. I would recommend this place