“Terrible.”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Ohio
“Terrible.”
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I initially reserved a room (103) for two nights. Upon my arrival, I immediately regretted it. As other reviews have mentioned, the information and pictures provided are extremely misleading. A gas station shares the same parking lot as that that which Best Western guests park. The restaurants located in the short-distance radius of the hotel include Burger King, Wendy's, McDonalds and other fast food. There were few fine-dining restaurants in the area. Located next to the Best Western is another hotel (whose parking lot was flooded nearly knee-deep upon my arrival. A siphoning hose was dispersing this water into the Best Western hotel parking lot). My showerhead did not work. I used the ice bucket to shower after I was told that maintenance was not available and I could not be sent to another room. My bed sheets were not clean. After I realized I did not want to spend another night at this hotel, I was told a manager was not on duty to cancel my second night and reimburse me. The cancellation policy was not known to either the desk clerk on duty or the manager of the hotel.
I was thoroughly disappointed with my experience in Port Clinton, largely due to poor service and maintenance as well as misleading information with this Best Western Hotel

• Liked — The view.
  • Disliked — The hotel service.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank edk17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Reviewed April 21, 2006

I was so dissappointed when I arrived here after a long 10 hour drive. I had booked the room for 4 days but checked out after the first night. The pictures are misleading, and I was led to believe that we would have a view of the lake if we stayed on the second floor but all we saw was the gas station in front of the hotel. The pool wasn't open, and it was hot as hell outside. It was bothersome to lug everything upstairs expecting a decent view only to see a gas station. The ice machine on the second floor was broken with a sign that said go to the first floor machine for ice but when you got downstairs to that one, it had a sign on it as well. The hotel employee was very nice though and refunded my money for the remainder of my stay. What appeared to be the owner showed up as we were leaving, so maybe he repaired things but by then it was too late for us. This was in June 05.

• Stayed June 2005

#6 of 17 in Port Clinton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#12 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to Best Western Port Clinton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Port Clinton

Property: Best Western Port Clinton
Address: 1734 E Perry St, Port Clinton, OH 43452-1426
Location: United States > Ohio > Port Clinton
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Port Clinton 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Port Clinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Port Clinton Hotel Port Clinton