Best Western Port Clinton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Port Clinton)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
OurGuest Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
Arlington Inn(Port Clinton)
Very Good 4/5
Beachfront Resort(Port Clinton)
Fisherman Inn(Port Clinton)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsacross the streetlake erieroom was cleanwaffleswould stay here againpublic beachsausage gravythe wi fioutdoor poolstayed one nightpleasant stayoff seasonwaffle makerminute drivecedar pointstaff was very friendly and helpfulconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My father and I attended the National Matches at Camp Perry and stayed at this hotel. The room was clean and kept that way everyday by the staff. They had a good variety of breakfast foods every morning. The location was about ten minutes from Camp Perry, which was great. The staff was friendly and attentive. We did have an odd situation when we came back to the room one day. Upon entering, the A/C unit was off. We had to call the front desk, where they turned it on remotely. The only negative comment was the wi-fi connectivity. We stayed on the second floor at the end. The connection was poor to none, which made it difficult to answer emails from work.

Overall, this hotel was a good value and worth staying in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CTTravelers4895
Jane S, Manager at Best Western Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during the Camp Perry matches. We know you have many choices
for your accomodations. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again. We strive to make our customer's stay enjoyable.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Crawling on me the last night of a 2 night visit. Was not sure what they were until I returned home and googled it. I sent an email to the hotel notifying them, although it is hard to believe they were not aware since they were everywhere on the pillow, sheets, etc. The maids should have noticed. I did not request a refund, nor did they offer one, which surprised me.......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PEACH54
Jane S, Manager at Best Western Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Please make sure you have the correct motel. We have not received any reports of bed bugs.
You state you e-mailed the motel about this. I have not received an e-mail regarding this.
We would take a report like this seriously.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Reserved smoke-free room in advance based on reviews at TripAdvisor. Confirmation email said "smoke-free not guaranteed". Well, got to hotel (across busy street from Lake Erie) and reception area was totally smoky smell, carpets in hallways and on stairs were dirty (at 3PM!). The hallways reeked of smoke, room reeked of air spray. I cancelled my reservation due to sever allergies to both smoke and overly scented sprays (didn't want to endure visit to urgent care during vacation!). There are MUCH nicer hotels in the area that ENSURE you get a smoke-free room....even smoke-free properties.

Room Tip: A different hotel if you want to be on Lake Erie. Good if you are a smoker?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brez00

I am sorry you decided not to stay with us due to the smoke smell. We have recently become
a completely Non-Smoking motel.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The title says it all...given the other "Franchises" around the area, and the rooms I went into, this is the hands down best of the bunch...Now, that's practically a CRIME that I should have to say that, but by god, it's the truth...and there's no way in hell I'd stay anywhere else after the nightmare that I went through at Best Budget Inn...the B.W. is clean, has a decent breakfast offering, the pool is kept up...Look, at one time, this would be considered just another average hotel, but trust me when I say, I walked into 5 different hotels, and before I did anything with money, I went to those rooms, and in comparison to B.W., there ranged from pure [--] at worst, to I don't care at best, so, by default, or by knockout, the BEST WESTERN is champ....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill P

Thank you for your positive remarks about our Best Western.
We are glad your stay was enjoyable. We hope you will come
back again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

After spending the two prior nights at a top-of-the-line Marriott, I was a little worried that this hotel would be a disappointment. But we were very pleased with this place. Large clean quiet room and comfortable beds made us very satisfied with our stay. Just wish there had been an elevator to get our cooler and luggage to the second floor.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if steps are an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank comerharris
Jane S, General Manager at Best Western Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again the next time you are in Port Clinton