“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Findlay, Ohio, United States
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed one night and we did not have any issues. The hotel and our room was clean and the staff was mostly friendly and helpful (one recommended us a restaurant and it was delicious). Our beds were comfortable, the TV was a nice flat screen, and there was a small fridge and microwave in the room. We did not eat the continental breakfast. We went across the street and ate at Big Boy. We had a view of the pool which looked nice (too cold and rainy for use to utilize though).

Room Tip: If you get a room facing the front of the hotel, you can see Lake Erie.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stay here for spring walleye fishing. Nothing great, but very friendly and accommodating. They volunteer to start the continental breakfast early when they find we have to get up an hour before breakfast is planned(not like they have a lot to do at that time any way). They ask if there are any special requests. The room and beds are just ok, but feel great after a long day on the water. Our little home for 4 days in the spring. Restaurants nearby-Mc D-Big Boy
Convenience store gas station also.
Drawback-Train whistles 2 AM

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank tsamp
Jane S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Port Clinton, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We are glad you stayed with us for your fishing trip.
We have many fishermen that stay with us and we know
fishing starts early sometimes.
Breakfast can start as early as 5AM if asked for at desk.
Cofffee even earlier.
Clarksville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

The staff here is friendly. The room has a very musky old hotel smell which gave me a headache. Nothing in the room with plugged in. There were no garbage bags in the trash cans. We arrived and left at night so I'm not sure on how great the location is. Though there are a few fast food places around here. Not many guests so it was quiet. The shower definitely showed signs of age/wear. Breakfast was average. Not exactly what I would expect from a Best Western. Wouldn't recommend a long term stay here, but will due for short stays.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Elkhart, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past several years and was always satisfied-- until this time. For the price, it was always quite acceptable--being clean, quiet, safe, easily accessible, and comfortable. This time though, my opinion has changed--and for future visits to the area will pay more and stay somewhere else that is hopefully nicer. For $55 I don't expect a luxury hotel, but the quality at this facility has gone downhill. All hotel rooms have what I call that "hotel room smell." That "smell" was almost overwhelming this time to the point that I almost gagged when first opening the door and walking into the room. Hair was found on the bathroom lavatory top area, and there was, what appeared to be a "bugger" on the bed sheet when throwing back the cover; I had to kill two flies that were buzzing around the room. My bill had a charge on it for an in-room safe, which I did not know was in the room, did not request, and did not use--yet, was charged for this safe. After a convincing phone conversation with the clerk when arriving back home and examining the billing detail (as I had only looked at the total amt. due at check-out [my fault]), my credit card was credited for this in-room safe fee. The continental breakfast was nothing short of PITIFUL! Almost EVERYTHING was loaded with sugar. The coffee and hard boiled eggs were good, but there was not enough variety of foods. NO fresh fruit AT ALL (there always has been, in the past). I must give credit to the friendly desk clerks at check-in and check-out, and at check-in was given a ground floor room when I requested one. I will NOT stay at this hotel again. This is an older hotel and the outside appearance looks nice, but if this hotel is to stay in operation and be a success, it needs a good cleaning/sanitizing/deodorizing done to it. At this time of year, the outdoor pool is closed (after Labor Day) due to it being cooler weather. The bed was comfortable, I must say.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RJ D
Jane S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Port Clinton, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
We have a staff available 24 hours for any problems or concerns during your
stay. We do inspect all rooms before our guests check-in. If there is ever a
problem with the room we would like to know about it during the stay so we can correct
the problem.
I am sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast. We have all items required by
Best Western. Bagels, english muffins, 4 types of cereal, donuts, hard boiled eggs,
Waffle iron for freshly made waffles. Juice, Milk and Coffee. We also have apples and oranges.
While we try very hard to keep the breakfast bar stocked for each guest please ask if
something is missing.
I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We want all of our guests to have a comfortable stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stay here on a motorcycle trip with 2 other couples. It was clean and had nice rooms with comfortable beds and nice linens. . The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was nice and there are tables in we could use to play cards in the evening.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
We are glad you had a nice stay with us.
We hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Thank you for your business.
Halifax, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I arrived around 7 in the evening and wish I had arrived earlier in the day!

I was able to get a room that faced Lake Erie and I was thrilled! Check-in staff was fantasic and offered me where I could get some fantasic BBQ wings and ribs which is Papa Jimmies BBQ & Pizza in downtown Port Clinton!

I had a room with 2 double beds and the shower pressure worked just fine. I did have to plug the refrigerator when I checked in, but it worked fine. There is a flat screen tv which is always a plus in my book. The only thing that was dirty was the coffeemaker. I was going to make some coffee and decided not to. It looked like it had been awhile since it was used, so I decided against the coffee.

I needed to do laundry and there laundry facilities were great. Just one washer and dryer, which seemed to fit my needs. The only downside is no elevator...at least that I was aware of. I did not have any trouble with getting my luggage up, but just a FYI. The internet worked here and there. I wasn't that concerned about it, but just another heads up.

Breakfast included waffles, eggs, cereal, toast, donuts, etc. It fit my needs and was enjoyable. I wish I could have stayed a second night because it looks like a neat town to hang out in and hang out by the water.

If I ever pass through here again, I will be staying here. It was very enjoyable and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you had
an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you will stay
with us if you travel this way again.
Delaware, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Had a pleasant stay here. Great location of course, and very clean. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful (especially a guy named Brian). Bed is amazingly comfy! Pool was fine but a bit small (3-5 ft.) Good price but I booked online in advance. Only spotty thing was the Internet. Sometimes had to stand by the door (near the hallway) to pick the signal back up (I called the help line for this and they were very helpful). Overall very pleasant!

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for staying with us.
We appreciate your business.