“We had a great time here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedarlane RV Park

Cedarlane RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Clinton
Cedarlane RV Park
New York, NY
“We had a great time here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

I've camped for many years and found this campground to be very clean and impressive. We rented a cabin for two nights and had a great time. The cabin was clean, as were the bathrooms and showers. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are four swimming areas consisting of three pools and one waterpark-type facility with buckets that fill and pour on you and water showering you (very cute) kinds of things. One pool is a kiddie pool, one is an adult pool and the third is for everyone. You have to get a bracelet each day before using the pool; this is to ensure that only paying customers use the facilities which, in my opinion, is very reasonable. The park also has a laundry room, although I didn't use it, I did check it out and found it to be clean. There was a MAJOR thunderstorm one of the nights we were there and the park staff was out immediately after the thundering/lightening stopped, while it was still raining, to clear up the tree limbs that fell. I was very impressed by this. There is also wireless internet available for campers' use right behind the store. There are three picnic-type tables under a roof and electrical outlets are available. The wireless internet worked very well.

Additionally, there are numerous interesting places to visit nearby, including the private community of Lakeside and the Marblehead lighthouse; Cedar Point is fairly close, as well. Finally, be sure to stop by Jolly Rogers in Port Clinton for a delicious fish sandwich--YUM!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYCGrrl2008

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Battle Creek, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

ok for starters, you must be 18 yrs old to go into the adult pool, otherwise kids 17 and younger must stay in the kiddie pool, they mark you with bracelets everyday. They are constantly asking who you are even when you are buying something in the store. The biggest problem is their gate. i was riding my bike and the gate went up, I rode through it and it crashed down on my nose. The gate broke. I went to the desk and the girl there was like "I.....I... what???? I asked for some ice she replied I could buy some but she had none. I asked for a manager and what I got was a old women with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth that said she didn't know what to do. No one asked me if I was ok or offered any assistance. My husband got upset because one of the "rangers" said that I should have read the warning on the gate. He basically told me I was stupid for going through the gate. They were unable to tell us what the warning said, they were unable to tell us where bikes were supposed to get out of the park and the "ranger" even said he had been hit by the gate plenty of times. Then they called the police because they said we were making a scene. The park smells like sewage as well, they have only one sewer dump and no good venting. They also have inadequate toilet facilities. If we could get a refund we would. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PARK.

• Liked — camp site space
  • Disliked — staff, stinky smell, restrooms inadequate
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank tilkka
Cedarlane, Owner at Cedarlane RV Park, responded to this review, February 9, 2009
Please allow me to address this review by refuting each facet individually. It is factual that our adult pool is for those 18 years or older; this provides our adult guests a quiet, relaxing atmosphere without having to contend with splashing or high activity. What was not mentioned is that there are three additional pool areas for families or for high-energy children. The wading pool, family pool, and interactive sprayground provide children with ample opportunity to get wet and have plenty of fun. As it relates to bracelets, we do require all pool users to wear that day's wristband in order to ensure our pools are being used exclusively by our guests. As it relates to the security gates, we take extra measures to ensure the safety of our guests by controlling who enters our park. Most families appreciate the added security; this guest disagrees, however, due to a scenario that should not have occurred. It is unfortunate that this guest was hit by the gate, but there are conspicuous signs posted on and around the gate that instruct bikers to go around the gate in question. The staff was caught off guard by this scenario because hundreds of bicycles pass through weekly without incident. The police were called so that a report could be filed, but especially because the husband entered the store and made a substantial enough presence to make the entire staff feel unsafe. We are a family park and simply do not tolerate such behavior. This guest states that we only have one dump station; in fact, there are two located on the main road, several others throughout the park, and several sewered sites in addition. The periodic odor of sewer gas was a valid issue that has been identified as a problem with the county line and has since been corrected. We also work tirelessly to maintain our restrooms cleanliness, including all 3 of our bathhouses and the other 3 restroom-only facilities. We are of course disappointed that this guest had a poor experience at our park, for it is always our goal to provide a very high quality product in a family oriented environment. However, please consider the several thousands of satisfied guests we serve each and every year who appreciate the services and facilities that we offer.
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

Recent 5 day stay was a bad experience. Dumpsters overflowed onto the ground with bags of garbage. Many flies. My husband complained but we were not offered another site farther from the dumpsters. Explanation given was that garbage hauler was late. Two days of putrid smell were too many.
A maintenance man driving around in a golf cart with an open can of beer rudely questioned us about whether we had seen the rules of the park before we were even set up. I was in tears after my encounter with him. I felt harassed. I had done nothing wrong. I did go see management. He patrolled the roads every 3 or so hours stopping at campsites to explain the rules.
There was noise that woke us after quiet hours, that is, cars driving thru streets and loud talking. Did not see or hear anyone enforcing the quiet time.
At any time of day, people walked about with open alcoholic containers in hand. I believe alcohol consumption should be restricted to the site you are on.
My family and I are good campers. We are environmentalists who pick up litter after others, recycle and protect growing things. I would never go back. Thank you.

• Liked — On Catawba Island.
  • Disliked — Rude treatment by staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank unhappyRV-er
Cedarlane, Owner at Cedarlane RV Park, responded to this review, February 10, 2009
Throughout the park there are 7 large dumpsters that are emptied at a minimum of once a week. We are extremely cognizant of the aesthetics and sanitation of all our facilities, trash receptacles included. What this guest probably didn't notice is that we make multiple rounds of the park daily to ensure cleanliness throughout. On seldom occasions when a trash container is found overflowing, we will load excess trash from the container and distribute it to the park's other containers, as well as compact the containers with a tractor. If odor is an issue, we have them emptied early. Perhaps this guest got to one of the containers before we did, but this scenario is certainly not an accurate or typical portrayal of our park. Regarding park rules, it is common practice and a generally appreciated service at our park for us to escort campers to their sites upon check-in. At this time we ask our campers to read the rules and reinforce things like quiet hour, speed limits, etc. For such an atypical scenario, it is odd that we do not remember anybody complaining about this situation. Nonetheless, we do apologize for any misunderstanding, miscommunication, or inconvenience that was incurred as a result of this guest's conversation with the escort. We do patrol the park after quiet hour, but unfortunately cannot regulate the sound of cars driving down the roads. Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park, but overconsumption is frowned upon and handled accordingly. Our staff tirelessly endeavors to preserve the natural beauty of our park and appreciates that this guest picks up litter and protects growing things - we do the same. The fact that a very small number of guests leave our park disappointed does not negate the fact that we work diligently to maintain a family friendly, clean, and relaxing atmosphere for all our guests.
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

We recently visited Cedarlane RV park to tent camp with our 5 yr. old grandson. We found the park very clean and well kept...especially the bathrooms. The swimming pools were a hit and the reason we picked Cedarlane...we were not disappointed. During our stay it was unseasonably cool so the "heated" pool was very nice. We also found the camp store to be very reasonably priced. Also, we found Cedarlane to be a very family oriented park. We highly recommend Cedarlane especially if you have children. We felt very secure during our stay which was very important since the last time we camped (in TN) we had some of our equipment stolen. With the locking gate feature and a roaming manager we felt safe. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind comments. We take pride in our facilities and appreciate your feedback and patronage!
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

i look forward to come every year.The camp sites are very clean,the staff are very nice. We just love it,you will also. The showers and bathrooms are always clean what ever time you enter. Dont miss the chance to stay it's great.

Stayed June 2007
Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to comment on our park.
Warren
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2004

This campground is a very good place to camp at. It is only 2 miles away from Millers Ferry where you can take the ferry to Put In Bay or Kelly's Island. We always take our bikes with us so that we can bike around the islands after taking the ferry to our distination. The campgrounds & restrooms are clean with a swimming pool available for the customers & a kids wading pool for the kids next to the playground area. There is easy access to the internet through their data port at the payphone outside of their office/grocery store. They don't have full hook-ups but they have plenty of dump stations around the grounds.

9 Thank sunshine994
Thank you for your kind words, we work hard to maintain a family atmosphere and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We now offer Wi-Fi Internet service at and around the camp store/pool area, as well as several full-hookup sites. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Clinton
South Beach Resort Hotel
South Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 3 in Marblehead
Cedar Point's Lighthouse Point

Been to Cedarlane RV Park? Share your experiences!