Commodore Perry Inn and Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$72
$96
$90
BestWestern.com
$94
Country Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$128
$111
HIExpress.com
Arlington Inn(Port Clinton)
$86
$76
OurGuest Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$85
$77
Hotels.com
The Island House Hotel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Beachfront Resort(Port Clinton)
$90
White Caps Motel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$69
Agoda.com
$119
All reviewsmr edsjet boata great staybeds were comfortablecerealcharterhairdryerfishing
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We chose this hotel because they allow small dogs, it's close to the ferry, and the price is reasonable. Nice bonuses, but not necessary because the weather was beautiful, was the availability of an indoor pool and fitness room.

The staff was very pleasant. We were told that if we put our "Do not Disturb" sign on the door and didn't remove it before 10:30, our room wouldn't be cleaned (which was fine with us since we left our dog in the room and didn't want him to be disturbed). We got back to the room at 11:30, removed the sign, went out, and when we came back, our room was cleaned anyway!

The room we had was a double. It was spacious enough for the 3 of us, plus our dog's crate. The bathroom is the split-type, with toilet/shower tub in one room, sink in another, which is convenient. Nice and clean, too.

We had a lakeside view, although the hotel is across the street from the lake. It's a 5 minute walk to the JetExpress Ferry, and a 10-minute walk into the town of Port Clinton. We didn't check out the bar, but the complimentary continental breakfast was very nice.

4  Thank wvfairy
Reviewed February 21, 2006

have stayed there several time this winter while working in the area. great room, staff, price and agreat bar too!

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank cardog57
Reviewed April 18, 2005

My daughter and I spent a weekend here on one of their package deals. We couldn't have had a better hotel The front desk personnel were cheerful,helpful and most acommodating. The room was sparkling clean. A plus we liked was the fact that the window opened. So nice to get fresh air in the room....not that it needed it we just like an open window. We are planning on going back for a longer stay in the near future. Thanks Commodore Perry for a great weekend!

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank lady-7
A TripAdvisor Member
Geneva, Ohio
Reviewed February 10, 2005

I stayed here for 2 weeks due to the fact it was close to the place I had to work at while I was out of town. My room was not cleaned prior to my arrival, after 2 days in my room, I found a used condom underneath my bed. When told to the front desk, they tried to passify me with a free lunch at Mr. Ed's restaurant which is located in the hotel. I informed them that I wanted a free night, due to the finding, which they completely ignored. Also upon check in you are required to pay for your stay upfront, and you are automatically charged for a room safe. When you check out if you do not bring it to their attention you are charged for something that you never used, that also happened to me. After check out, I went over my bill and had to go back and tell them and then they took it off of my bill, had I not said nothing, they would have kept this money. No apoliges on their part. What a way to make a profit!! Please be advised don't stay here!! Lots of other hotels in the area that other people I talked to stayed at and were very pleased with. Also their continential breakfast is a real joke, a few pieces of bread, a few bagels, and cold cereal. and also spoiled milk on occasion. Poor service, unconcerned staff, and unclean rooms! Stay elsewhere for better service!!

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Armada, MI
Reviewed September 8, 2004

We were the unlucky guests they ripped off by booking us into Rm 102 while we on Labor Day Holiday vacation. We had only 2 requests–a king size bed and an indoor pool but we didn’t expect both to be in our room! On the 1st night, we complained about the musty conditions and were told there was a problem with the pool and water overflowed into our room 3 days prior but the excess water was cleaned up with shop vacs. We promptly asked to check out but were told there would be an early departure fee. We asked to have the Mgr call us, with no response! The lack of common courtesy to even attempt to make our stay better was less than hospitable. Unfortunately, there were no other accommodations in the area available during a holiday. Instead we were forced to wear our shoes at all times and keep everything off the floor–which was a challenge with a small child! Then to top it off, every night we got to listen to the humming sound of the jets from the pump room that backed up to our bed and every night we had to call to shut off so we could get some sleep! We thought we were booking a “deluxe” room as noted in the Lake Erie Island Book. In checking out, we again showed the clerk a paper towel that we put down on the carpet and walked across to show the wet footprints. She agreed and was surprised this room was rented out but unfortunately; all she could do was refund $29.20 due to wet carpet. We asked her to call the Manager and the response was, “if the carpet was wet, there must have been another mechanical problem because it was dry before we arrived” but if she would have stopped down after our repeated calls, she could have seen for herself. Instead, it was easier to hide behind the staff. We should of known something was wrong immediately upon entering the room when one of the night stands were on the other side of the room because the carpet was soaked. We can't believe the deplorable conditions they expect guests to live in and the lack of concern for their guest health and well-being!

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member