“Dont be scared off by bad reviews”

Commodore Perry Inn and Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Before our trip we read the reviews about the hotel when we arrived we were totally shocked how clean and how nice the hotel was the pool was clean and the water was warm and clean the beds were clean and BUG Free the staff at the hotel and restaurant was great we will stay here again in the near future DONT TRUST THE BAD REVIEWS

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Ronald12345

Reviewed November 16, 2011

When going to Put in Bay you dont have many options. We stayed here because it was cheap (ish) and everything on island was booked. You get what you pay for and if you need a bed, you stay where you can get one. Most people go to party in Put in Bay. So most places you stay are not nice. Would I take my kids here? probably not. Would I sleep in the bed and hope Im not sleeping with bed bugs, sure.
Its older, run down, but they do clean it pretty well and it seemed safe. It was loud. There is a "dance club/bar" downstairs so there are drunks roaming the halls all night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank beachbums512
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here in October for a night, and I feel so dumb for not checking TripAdvisor first! Now I see why the ratings are so bad! This place was just so totally unprofessional that I felt like I was staying in the ghetto!!! I was “greeted” at checkin in the late afternoon by a man leaning back in a chair at the desk watching televison, and surrounded by silverware trays and numerous half empty cups of soda sitting on the edge of the front desk. As I looked around further I saw they had plants in the lobby that were planted in old chemical buckets! Talk about a health violation and just plain weird!

They even had breakfast in the same lobby the next morning because apparently they had rented thier whole continental breakfast room out...never heard of a hotel doing this before and I can now see why! We had to share one tiny table in the lobby with a bunch of other people, and there was just not enough room. There were literally people using the actual front desk as a table to eat at!!! Not only that, as we tried to eat we had to listen to some front desk woman’s nonstop coughing the entire time...real classy!

As for the breakfast itself it was the lamest thing I have ever seen and it was more of an insult than an actual service...gross looking food and they always were running out of coffee. The actual room we got was the bare basics with an old tv from the 90‘s complete with missing remote control, no pictures on the walls, and the room smelled weird like a mix of strong cleanser and cigarette smoke even thou we were in a “non-smoking room”. The hallway carpets were horribly stained and ripped, and we didn’t even bother to use the pool after walking in we find somebody had threw chairs into it! Stay away from this dump!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
34  Thank kf1428
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was the second time my boyfriend and I stayed there. Great location in Port Clinton. We loved the service and the bartenders at Eds are great. I love the little fitness room and the pools pretty nice...maybe a little too much chlorine. The only dissapointing hing was the 'continental breakfast'..not much of a breakfast if you ask me. This place is probably one of my favorite places to stay in the money range that it's at. Well be continuing to come back.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Went to Port Clinton to fish. No luck this time fishing. Bad Luck at the Commodore also. Nice room with a view on the third floor. Was clean and fairly comfortable. Did not rest well on the beds. They were either wore out or cheap. Staff was all very nice and helpful. Elevator broke down the first day we were there. I was already having a severe allergy attack. when even with the elevator broke. They had there carpets cleaned. The smell of pine-sol was so strong in the stairwell. I had to hold a towel over my face to walk up and down. they were still waiting after 3 days for the elevator to be fixed, when we left. Loved the restaurant across the street. right on the beach. Expensive place to eat. But your paying for a great atmosphere. And food is good. Parking was ample in both places. Wished things could of went better. Don't think I will take a chance again on this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember when chosing a room here. A Bar is in the back.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We had to cancel our trip which planned for put-in-bay this past weekend (9/10 - 9/12). Saturday the 12th our dog was run over by a car (in our own driveway no less) and his hip was fractured. We canceled that day after we got back from vets. Our dog had surgery Monday and is doing OK so far. 6 weeks of downtime now. Anyway, Ken the manager was very sympathetic and reversed the charges. He also said that his prayers were with us. It would have been easy for him to say that we were inside the cutoff and charged us but he didn't. We are big-time animal lovers and the devastation of Benny being hurt was made a little easier by Ken's kindness. Thank you Ken.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill-PGH
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Booked one night for my wife and four kids after the beach hotel across the street was full. A little nervous after reading some other reviews but we had no problem with our family suite room. Jake at the front desk was helpful with extra towels and we were happy with the stay. However, we were there on a Tuesday night and the hotel was not very full so it was plenty quite. One thing I will rip was the 'continental' breakfast. Should have been called and island breakfast because what they had out didn't deserve to be called a continent. Seriously, probably the lamest breakfast I've ever seen. Serial, coffee, bad looking danish and that was about it. No fruit, bagels, pancakes, eggs, ect. So do not expect to get anything here that will remotely qualify as a lunch. But we were able to go across the street to the beach which the kids loved and the wife and I could toss down some Coronas by the beach bar. That was worth it by itself. Commodore Perry is nothing fabulous but we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family