“Good food”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Romeo, Michigan
“Good food”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My wife and I went on Sunday afternoon for entertainment and lunch and then again for dinner. Entertainment was good and the food was great. By the way, entertainment was free. Overall a very nice afternoon. Great place to go for food. Nice ambiance. Dinner that evening was great. We highly recommend Mon Ami. Check their web site. Lot of activities going on.

Columbus, Ohio
“Why Did I Return?”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I had experienced some problems with a previous visit, but I thought I would try again ... Since the main dining room was closed, we had the choice between a VERY LOUD bar area or the infamous gliders ... We chose the glider so we could at least talk during meal ... As in the past, the food was very good, but the service was pitiful in all respects (i.e. lack of silverware, tardiness in drink refills, and disorganized multiple servers) ... There just has to be better in this area.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Buckeye0934
Niles, Ohio
“Our annual trip to the area fell flat with a dinner at Mon Ami....”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We've dined at Mon Ami many times over the years but visited recently and were pretty disappointed. We waited a very very long time for service and once we put our orders in, we waited another 50 minutes. The waitress then reappeared only to tell us that they were out of what my husband ordered. We could not understand how or why no one said anything until then. By that time, it was totally dark on the patio where we were seated - and this place has no outside lighting at all - no candles or lights on the tables, nothing.....I actually downloaded a "candle" app on my cell phone. And then the mosquitos started....it was not a fun experience at all. We actually had to tell the waitress that something should be done about our bill for dealing with everything we had. She agreed and the manager finally offered to take the cost of my husband's dinner off of the bill, and also gave us a bottle of wine. While we do appreciate the gesture, we felt we shouldn't have had to ask.....it should have been quickly offered. In the end the food was just OK. We probably won't be going back anytime soon.

2 Thank ds521
“Don't waste your time tasting the wines”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went to Mon Ami for dinner. We decided to stop by the tasting room first to sample some of the wines to see if any were good for our dinner. The first wine we tried was Himeros. It's supposedly their most popular. I smelled the wine and took a sip. It tasted like it was already turning. I asked my hubby to try it and he felt the same. I mentioned it to the girls who was helping us with the tasting and her comment was, "Well no one has complained about it." We tried the Zinfandel which we also commented that it seemed to have turned. Only response was a blank look. We gave up and decided to have dinner and were probably going to drink beer. It was going to be a wait for dinner so we sat at the bar. Our bartender, Vince, was great. We told him of our tasting experience and he gave us a sample of those wines. Needless to say we both ended up having a few glasses of both of those wines and even bought some bottles to go after dinner. We ended up eating while sitting at the bar. Started with an appetizer that had walleye bites, sauerkraut balls, chicken wings and crab cake. Really good. After that we split a wedge salad and crab/artichoke dip. Also really good. Too much food! My after dinner drink was a luscious key lime martini while my husband had a "Washington Apple" which is apple pucker and crown royal. Loved them both. Thank you Vince for saving our evening. He was very friendly telling us about the area and islands in Put-in-bay. We are definitely coming back to check those islands out!

5 Thank sunnysusie55
Findlay, Ohio
“Lovely place, good food-a favorite”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We frequent this lovely winery when we are in the area. Good food in a great environment The Sunday brunch is wonderful and the garden is a beautiful place to spend a Sunday afternoon. Drinks can be pricey ($12 martini) and added sides are 5.00 - even for fries. However, the only real downfall is the owner. I have seen her loudly and profanely berate staff members on more than one occasion. This ugly behavior hurts an otherwise nice place

5 Thank bcz65