“Good authentic Mexican”

Ranked #37 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Alexandria, Kentucky
“Good authentic Mexican”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The place is a little dingy when you walk in. This is more like a greasy spoon diner than a place to take your wife or a date. However the food was good and the price very reasonable. They do serve beer here. It seemed to be a family run operation. I would go back there when I am in the area.

Visited May 2013

Port Clinton, OH
“Montezuma's Revenge”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visited this restaurant "off-season" so sat inside. Not very clean looking and food was about the same. Would not return or recommend this place.

ohio
“Good food!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband ordered a wet taco salad and I had a chicken enchilada. Both were very good. My enchilada could be ordered wet or dry and I chose wet thinking it would have slasa on top of it, but it came with some kind of chicken gravy! Maybe authentic, but I prefer salsa. I scraped it off and replaced it with the salsa we were dipping our chips in and it was very good...

Visited June 2012
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Will Always Come Back For More!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was turned on to Mendoza about 30 yrs.ago by a friend. From the first bite I was hooked. I have NEVER had one problem with anything in that place. Service, food,drinks atmoshere,taste and price have exceeded my expectations always! I think it is the best authentic Mexican food in these parts. I don t understand all these problems in other reviews of this restaurant. The boss lady and her staff have always been great and attentive to me and my family,whether its dining in or carry out. They make the BEST hot sauce in these parts also! I do wish they would serve margaritas. Maybe there is a reason they don t but that doesn't t bother me that much.I enjoy the food so much I don t even think about a margarita.I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Anyone complaining is just plain CRAZY!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank verna w
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Highlight was the fruit burrito”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Nothing fancy here, except for the dessert. The chimichanga was good -- not great, but good. No chili verde on the menu (a staple where I come from), but they did have two choices for salsa upon request -- medium and hot. (Medium was plenty spicy for me.) However, the fruit burrito with ice cream was something to come in for all by itself -- basically like a piece of fruit pie, but a generous size accompanied by a no less generous serving of vanilla ice cream. Wasn't sure I could finish it all. Server was new and, while eager to please, could have used some help in learning some of the fine points of her job. The atmosphere was not helped, in my opinion, by a DJ on premises playing anything but Mexican music (I do not believe the DJ is a regular, but it was Cinco de Mayo, for heaven's sake).

• Visited May 2012