“EXCELLENT SERVICE”
Review of Ala Carte Cafe

Ala Carte Cafe
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This place has great service and great food. Year after year we go back and whether we eat breakfast there, or order breakfast sandwiches to go, they are always perfect. It must be a good place to work, too because I see the same servers there year after year!! Don't miss this GEM when you visit Port Clinton.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I had a burger and 1/4 order of the home fries (from where I come the home fries would be called fried potatoes--they are wonderfully delicious). Believe me, 1/4 order is PLENTY for one person, it really could be shared depending on a person's appetite. I think everyone else in my family ordered breakfast items. We were all very satisfied with what we had--the food was very good and considering the crowd that they had the food was served pretty quickly. So glad we found this "hole in the wall".

1  Thank raraevans
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great food, fast and friendly service! Do not miss this place--it's one of the oldest restaurants in the area. It's a very "no-frills" kind of breakfast and lunch place, but you won't be disappointed by the food: it's all handmade and locally sourced. Just make sure to get there in time: opens at 4:30am and closes at 1:00pm.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The specialty of this diner is their fried bologna sandwiches but we do not like bologna so my husband had the perch sandwich and I had biscuits/bacon and home fries. My husband also had a cup of chili. He said the perch sandwich and chili were good. The bacon was done perfectly and the home fries were good, not great but good but the biscuits were very heavy and hit my stomach like a stone. The service was quite good and the atmosphere was bustling and cheery. The price was good.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stopped in for lunch. Had a perch sandwich and chips. The perch was so good
we knew it would be even better without the bread and tarter sauce. The next
morning we had fried perch, eggs, a grilled blueberry muffin (yum) and toast.
It was delicious! Loved the coffee and good service. We'll be back for sure!

Walt and Vivian