“OK”
Review of Ala Carte Cafe

Ala Carte Cafe
Ranked #11 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went here for breakfast. The food was ok, but pretty bare bones - nothing fancy. I would recommend Diana Deli instead.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was exactly what we were looking for! A perfect little breakfast spot that was delicous and fast!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is a prime example of the "look for the little, unassuming places" good food rule. The cafe is at the end of the small downtown area, right next to the railroad bridge. It is SMALL - but they do have quite a bit of seating crammed in there. Be prepared to be brushed against, especially if you are seated at the counter as we were. No big deal to me, but if you have issues with it, consider yourself warned :)
This is the kind of place where the waitresses know the regulars and greet them by name and know their order as soon as they sit down. Apparently their claim to fame is the size of a plate of their home fries - i.e. HUGE. We decided to split a half order between 2 of us, and our waitress warned us that would be plenty. It was, and sooooo delicious - soft, buttery pieces with crispiness mixed in. Next time, we will split a 1/4 portion. I got the sausage and cheese omelette, and my BF got the western omelette. Both were large and delicious and came with toast. I could not finish mine, and my BF the food "vacuum" barely got through his. Our coffee cups were filled continuously, and the whole vibe of the place was friendly and relaxed. Our bill after all that wonderfulness came to $19 - not at all what I would consider "overpriced" based on what we got. So fill up here before hitting Put-in-Bay - you won't be sorry!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

the breakfast food is great! This is a mom and pop shop with HUGE portion sizes and the food is right on point! my family went there, Dad, Mom, 9,8, and 2 year old. The waitress would not let us order for the 2 year old because she promised it would be so much food that we could share with him and man was she right! everyone was kind, helpful, and efficient. the service was quick as well!

1  Thank CocoNicole
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The cafe is a very small hole in the wall - mom-n-pop type of joint. The sign out front is so small it is easy to pass by. The food and service were decent but was a bit overpriced for a basic eggs and toast breakfast. We could have easily gone to a chain restaurant and paid less. There was nothing "touristy" about the cafe or anywhere in the downtown area that would lure anyone to stop in there except for the locals.

1  Thank Erin L