“Family Experience”

Underwood's Fine Foods
Oak Harbor, Ohio
“Family Experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have been visiting Underwoods Grill for many years. It is one of the oldest restaurants in Port Clinton OH, and has always been recognized as the place to get the best pancakes in town. We truly enjoy the breakfast menu. We bring our Grandchildren with us, and the pancakes are the favorite with them. My Wife enjoys the Omelets, and I am a Biscuit and Gravy person, with a side order of Sausage Pattie. (The Biscuits can use some improving thou). The wait staff is friendly, personnable and knowledgeable of the menu. The owners always stop by and asked if everything is OK. I would reccommend this Restaurant to anyone. The variety of pancakes availble is fantastic.

• Visited May 2013

Saginaw, Michigan
“lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our group to large. Only one server. Slow ingetting the order. Salad greens were not at all fresh, wilted and spoiling. Soup was not hot and it was the strangest fresh home made chicken soup I had ever had. Made with sliced deli chicken. Ate crackers and very little broth and picket a few pieces of salad that look the freshest. The price was very cheap. The coffee was good. I realize it was the end of the busy weekday tourist time. They need to re-examine their preperation and storage of foods. Would not go back if and when I amin Port Clinton again.

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A lovely little diner”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stopped here for breakfast during a quick trip to Port Clinton and Put in Bay. They have an extensive breakfast menu of all the things you would expect from a small family diner. I had the special of the day - 2 eggs, meat, home fries, and toast, for only $4.99. Everything was cooked perfectly and the toast was outstanding. I've been to many nicer breakfast restaurants that skimp on the quality of bread. The new owner made his presence known with the guests which is a good sign.

• Visited August 2012
Maumee, Ohio
“No Frills, Just Good Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

There are no frills here, just good food and service. The menu is pretty diverse: you'll find a little something for everyone. Strongly recommend the perch dinner. The breading is perfect! The atmosphere is very "homey." We'll be back again to try their breakfast.

• Visited July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Terrible Experience!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The first time I ate here, last year, our experience was phenomenal. While on vacation, I recommended this place to family. The place wasnt overly crowded. I don't know what happened but we ordered breakfast food and the eggs were under cooked and slimey, home fries and bacon under cooked. The waiter tried to justify the awful food but the staff sitting around the bar in the back should of helped to get order right. They were all sitting around looking like they were having a good time while our food order sucked. We also complained about our order of fried pickles...for $5.99 we got 5 little round disks. When questiined, the person counting wads of money at register came to our table for a brief moment to say, 'yeah you should of got more' but walked away and never apologized or acted like he cared. He went back to register and then to back counter to socialize.
I was seriously embarrassed by recommending this place, the awful food and lack of interest by management staff. Keep up the service like this and you won't be in business long. Sorry Underwood's you lost my business.