“GOOD LOCAL FISH PLACE”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've been going there for the last 10 yrs. while I am at Port Clinton. The food is always good and they got a varity of fish to choose from. The fish is fresh and I guess it comes from there at Lake Erie. Will eat there again when I go back up this fall.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I have been going to JOLLY RODGERS for over 22yrs. I remember when it was a walk up, and it had a partially buried row boat out front . RARELY have we had a bad meal, if we did it was brought to there attention, an was taken cared of. The food is cooked to perfection. the onion rings, breaded mushrooms and fries are delish. Naturally if you go during peak hours. It is busy with waiting times up to an hour or more, Especially on weekends, that's why we go @ 11:am or after 2:pm!!!

1  Thank MikeyD523
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place had GREAT seafood! All lot of fried food, but really good and they don't skimp. I had the fried shrimp and perch combo - YUM!!! This place is very casual and NOT fancy (like a fast-food environment,) but it was clean and SO tasty! You order at the window then sit down, and they bring you your meals when ready. The booths in the small dining area were fine, but I have to say the chairs (built-in little two seater tables) were horribly uncomfortable. It looked like they had decent patio seating also, but seating was limited so maybe take-out would be a good option. I would definitely go back for more!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Walleye fish tacos were great! Fresh, great tasting, good value. Very crowded. It was hard to find parking and seating for six, but well worth searching and waiting for seating.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Wow. 300+ reviews and this is the first Terrible I have ever given. I don't think I have ever felt so led astray by 1) locals, 2) Trip Advisor, & 3) Roadfood. We thought it was a good sign when the place was so crowded that we had to park in the hotel lot adjacent. We were able to order rather quickly and find a booth. 1 hour later (for some simple fried fish) our food finally showed up with no explanation or sorry. To top it off, my fish was burned. The fish was terrible but we ate it because we were so hungry and we had paid about $30 for our meal. Frankly if I wasn't so stubborn I would have just gotten up and gone to a different place. Lots of great reviews from others - that just wasn't my experience. Not even close.

4  Thank mja1982