“Great Pizza, Beer/Wine and Hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bell Mell Pizza

Bell Mell Pizza
Ranked #15 of 72 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Pizza, Beer/Wine and Hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were on vacation and it rained all day, had to get out of the cottage, so we went for pizza. There were 5 adults and 5 kids. We ordered pizza that was wonderful and the drink prices were unbelievable. The owners actually thanked us for bringing the kids in and the staff gave them crayons and paper to keep them busy :) It was a perfect ending to a rainy day and a great way to start our vacation! We will all be back.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank KellyM2011

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I like the bar better than the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

I like the bar better than the food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Michigan
“Never Going Back To Bell Mell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

I ordered a pizza at Bell Mell in Port Clinton and after 40 minutes, the waitress came to the table with a pizza asking if I had ordered a sausage pizza. I told her no, I had ordered a green pepper and mushroom. Around 10 minutes later, she came back saying a mistake had been made and if I wanted the pizza I ordered, I would have to wait another 45 minutes as there were, in her words "other orders now in front of mine". I simply told her I wanted a refund and would never come back again.

If any other restaurant had messed up a food order, I think they would not only apologize over and over, but tell the customer that their order is being prepared right now, will be a priority, and will be served as soon as it done. A real class place would even say that due to the delay, the food is on them.

Bell Mell seems to think, oh well, just another customer. There will be more if this one isn't happy. They will never see me, or from what it sounds like, others who I told this story to.

2 Thank BobMich
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good pizza, good atmosphere and beer. Good place to go if you want to get away from all of the tourist and just have a...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

Good pizza, good atmosphere and beer. Good place to go if you want to get away from all of the tourist and just have a nice small town experience.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook