“Exceptional Service! Very good food!”
Review of Ciao Bella

Ciao Bella
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Akron, Ohio
“Exceptional Service! Very good food!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Boyfriend and I stopped for an early dinner. Beautiful view of the water. We are kicking ourselves for forgetting the name of our server! She was a LOVELY young woman, in her 20's, who was pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient and deserved every bit of the "overtipping" my boyfriend left her! He had the spaghetti and meatballs and said they were "fabulous" and he also loved his appetizer of stuffed mushrooms. I had the lobster and shrimp stuffed sole (a special) and it was very good. I wish I had asked for it without the tomato cream sauce, but that was my fault, not theirs...tasty but a bit heavy for my tastebuds. The bread with dipping oil is to die for! Wish we had room for the delicious sounding dessert menu! Can't wait to come back!

“Molto!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Which means great in Italian. My husband and I stopped in for dinner, and had seats on the outdoor deck (we felt under-dressed for the inside, as it is very nice). We enjoyed watching the sunset, and our food was great.I had the chicken Marsala, which was tender and deli-sh, my husband has the ravioli. Both were great dishes; I sampled the ravioli..oooh...almost wish I had ordered that. Andie, our server, let us enjoy our dinner and didn't rush us. What a nice dinner experience.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great ciabatta”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

New place with little experience and it shows. Not even a liquor license yet. Who wants Italian food with beer? Especially, if there is only Peroni, not even a Moretti in house. The bread was good, and so was Cesar salad. Pizza was undercooked. Frutti di Mare - ok, not zesty enough. Overall - not bad for the money.

Barbara A, Owner at Ciao Bella, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Ciao Bella. I did want to correct one statement you made. We DO have a FULL LIQUOR LICENSE; however, state law requires restaurants to have an additional license for Sundays...which requires us to be on the local ballot in November and the local community will vote. So, for now, we are able to provide beer on Sundays. We look forward to having our Sunday Liquor License in November. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your dinner at Ciao Bella and we will take your comments about making our Frutti di Mare a little zestier....We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toledo, Ohio
“Decent food, bad service, strange experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on labor day we weekend. We sat outside on the deck. It was nice but as the sun set out was dark with no lights on the deck. The service was terrible. Our waitress seemed like she was gone and did not care. We had to ask several people multiple times to get what we needed. The food was like warm when it arrives. Not what I expect from this caliber of place and for a twenty dollar meal. Great decor though. Just should be better.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here while vacationing in Port Clinton. We ate outside on the deck and the service was good. The food was delicious, not the run of the mill dishes that you get in most restaurants.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Ciao Bella? Share your experiences!