“Really good food, unusual location”
Review of Tin Goose Diner

Tin Goose Diner
Ranked #6 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are located at the Erie-Ottawa International Airport (PCW) connected to the Liberty Aviation Museum. Entrance to the diner is through the museum main entrance doors or by diner patio for those flying in. Fly-in to the airport or drive-in to visit us. Welcome to the Tin Goose Diner, where you will receive only the freshest quality ingredients in all of our menu items. We are sure you will enjoy your dining experience with top-flight food, pleasant and quick service, all while being surrounded by our memorable historic surroundings! View our website for the online menu. Specials are listed on our Facebook and Twitter pages. This diner is authentic, built by the Jerry O'Mahony Diner Company of Elizabeth, NJ, in the 1950's. It was originally operated as the Sunrise Diner in Jim Thorpe, PA. We became a permanent part of the Liberty Aviation Museum in 2012. All proceeds from the operation of the Tin Goose Diner go towards supporting the Liberty Aviation Museum, a 501 c 3 non-profit educational museum. The museum receives no government funding to operate or fund any of the restorations. We encourage you to visit the Liberty Aviation Museum, connected to the Tin Goose Diner. There is an admission fee to tour the museum. The museum has many artifacts, vehicles, and aircraft from the Golden Age of Aviation and beyond. The museum also has a gift shop that carries: T-shirts, hats, & more memorabilia of the PT-728, Liberty Aviation Museum, The Tin Goose Diner, B-25 Mitchell "Georgie's Gal", the Ford Tri-Motor, & The Tri-Motor Heritage Foundation can be purchased in person at the museum at the following address or online at the website.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really good food, unusual location”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Was staying at South Beach Resort and found this place online when looking for a close place that served breakfast. Found the website for the restaurant original, so I thought it would be a good place to try.

Upon arrival, I found that it was actually a restaurant in a museum, and from the entryway it appeared that the restaurant was very small consisting of only a few booths. My heart sank a little. We were taken to be seated and upon coming to what I thought was the end of the restaurant found that there were in fact many more seats and an authentic diner atmosphere.

The food certainly didn't disappoint. I had a chicken club sandwich on wheat bread, which came with kettle chips. The bread has a subtle sweetness to it, and the bacon was thick and high quality. The sandwich and chips were excellent. My dining partner had a breakfast dish with eggs, potatoes, biscuits, etc. His biscuits looked like they were homemade. He said his food was excellent. Our bill came to around $18.

One complaint: I asked if I could substitute the chips for fries (which were on the menu) and was told simply "No." The waitress was otherwise very nice, but I felt this could have been delivered a little more delicately. However, I couldn't see any legitimate reason this couldn't be done. I have never been to another restaurant that hasn't done this for an upcharge.

• Visited October 2013

“Food and Flying”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a good time visiting the diner! Great diner atmosphere with very friendly and helpful service. We had a burger, perch, fries, and onion rings. Burger was great, and the perch was good. It was deep fried and I prefer pan fried. We also tried a bacon chocolate milkshake, which I liked but my husband just found okay. We enjoyed watching planes on the runway while we ate, and at the end of our meal the museum's WWII bomber flew in. Lots of fun to see! We will go back again.

Dublin, Ohio
“Flashback to the past!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The diner has been impeccably restored and is perfectly maintained--the food is basic diner food as I remember it ( and very well done, too!). Service was very good. If you remember eating in diners when you were a kid, you'll love this.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Cute Diner at an Avation Museum!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed breakfast at this classic dinner! Friendly staff, good food, great view of the runway and fun music. I'll be back next time I'm in the area. Loved that the diner sold Cracker Jacks, plus Orange Crush, Coke and Root Beer in vintage glass bottles.

“Great!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife's favorite place to eat. Food is always great and staff are very friendly! We have never had a bad experience with the Tin Goose.

• Visited July 2013