“Burger Night!!”

Rosie's Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toledo, Ohio
“Burger Night!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was my second trip to Rosie's for Burger Night! We stumbled upon the place after an unplanned drive to port clinton. We were looking to have dinner on the water but decided to drive around town and check out the bars for a beer first. The poster in the window advertising $5 burgers and beer drew us in! First let me say, this place is so cute!!! All of the red lighting and the old black and white pictures of Audrey and Marilyn give the place great charm! We decided to stay and try the burgers (five bucks!!??, great deal!) and We came back again because the service, food and atmosphere are top notch for port clinton!! We love the friendly service and consistentcy on their food!! The manager informed us of some upcoming events at the bar and that they have entertainment on the weekends! She gave us the great idea of staying in the hotel to enjoy an entire weekend there when we come back later this summer to go to the Island. The jet express is right around the corner!! I believe a long weekend at the Island House Hotel is due, so we can come back and try more of their menu! (We did hit Docks Beach House on the way home for a nice drink and amazing sunset) We will be back soon!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ava M

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Had Lunch During A Recent Visit”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The food and service was good. Prices were okay. Nothing extraordinary, but a good dining experience.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank johnbmarek
Springfield, Ohio
“Nice Bar Scene”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had drinks both nights at the Island House and enjoyed it. It is a typical bar with sports on the TV's (which is good as the hotel rooms do not have ESPN). You could eat from their menu or the 1812 menu, which is great for choice.

Visited July 2014
Northern California
“Mussels Yes - Perch No”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stopped with 3 friends on Friday 11 July for dinner.

One friend ordered the Garlic Steamed Mussels for $13 and enjoyed the generous serving.

The other three ordered the Perch basket for $16 served with fries and blue cheese cole slaw. There were four Perch fillets – which was adequate – but I found nearly flavorless. The meal was further disappointing with the blue cheese cole slaw – if you have never heard of blue cheese cole slaw there is a good reason, even if you like blue cheese it adds nothing to cole slaw but an odd taste that is none too pleasant.
The saving point for my meal was the homemade Soup Du Jour – tomato basil – which was delicious.

The three with Perch baskets would have preferred returning to McCarthy’s Restaurant across the street for the Walleye basket.

Service was very good and friendly.

• Visited July 2014
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Over Memorial Day Weekend I moved to Port Clinton, and on Memorial Day my boyfriend's parents took us out to dinner; we chose Rosie's. The service was slow; there were only a handful of tables sat and one server. I ordered the Yellow Perch sandwich, but wanted it with their homemade chips and requested that it was a wrap instead of a sandwich (which is an option here). When I finally received my meal, they did not put tartar sauce on my fish wrap, and I got fries instead of the chips. I was halfway done with my meal when the server finally came back to table-touch, and I finally got to ask for my tartar sauce.

• Visited May 2014