“o my carrot cake”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Marblehead, Ohio
“o my carrot cake”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Best meal in the Port Clinton area hands down. From the salad with the homemade celery seed dressing, the wonderful bread and triple lobster tail dinner. The house made carrot cake was out of this world as was the service. This is a great addition to the downtown area. Finally someone has it right. This place has the highest of the class. A ++++ rating.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lisa W

Sandusky, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch at the 1812”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lunch at the 1812 restaurant located in the old historic Island House Hotel...what a treat! Our meal were served hot and fast. Server Brenda was excellent. The old historic setting makes for a cozy atmosphere. Must haves are the prime rib rolls and the reuben sandwich and the homemade carrot cake which is be enough for 4 people. A definite must when visiting Port Clinton. We will be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Anothony G
Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our "supper club".”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I are in Port Clinton from out of state every weekend year round. Having dinner at 1812 Restaurant is a pivotal part of our weekend. From the moment you walk through their door and begin to look around, you are immediately taken back to a time in history that defined class and elegance. You are immediately welcomed by their professional staff who make it clear that you are V.I.P. Mary at the bar has to be one of the best bar tenders in the Port Clinton area having a long history of quality service in the area over the years. Kevin Lowe, the general manager, has a fine tuned staff that functions like a machine yet emphasizes personal service. Our two favorites are the 1812 Chicken and the Chicken Marsala (Chef Terry has the best marsala sauce we have ever had). And did I mention the desserts? Quite an impressive wine list and the best selection of single malt scotch that I have seen anywhere in this area. Definitely worth your trip to Port Clinton. This has become our supper club and we like the way we feel when we are there. Larry R.

1 Thank Larry R
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Best liver and onions in the world”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

best philly cheesesteak soup to start, then liver and onions to die for. Every time I go to the 1812 room( located in the island house) I want to try something else, but I can't pass on the liver. I also had the sauerkraut balls for an app, also the best. Go there and you'll LOVE IT! Love the bartender, Mary- Simply THE BEST!!!!!!! Try the early bird specials!

2 Thank Jay A
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Excellent food, service & atmosphere”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a historic hotel with a great restaurant in downtown Port Clinton. The food is always delicious. Whatever you order, also get the 1812 salad or the French onion soup. The menu has big selection as does the list of appetizers. It is one of those places that you always return to for another good meal. They serve light lunches also. Any time of day is right the right time to enjoy a meal at the Island House.

2 Thank Arlene D