“Celebrate at 1812”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There was a full house at 1812 in Port Clinton on New Year’s Eve. Party-goers and Walleye Drop enthusiasts notwithstanding, we were all able to order off the menu. The food was tasty and hot food was served hot. Service was timely, polite, and efficient. There were 15 of us. We were impressed that the quality of the food and effectiveness of service was maintained during the New Years Celebrating.

1  Thank pliccardi

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Service was excellent and the food (mussels, walleye and chicken) were very good. Portions were Midwestern in size. Most of the chocolate cake made the trip back to the California!

2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My business associates and I were looking for a place to grab a quick lunch in between meetings. We were sat promptly upon entering, and had a steak as my main dish with a side salad and baked potato. The steak was very tender, didnt need any sauce or anything. My salad tasted very fresh, and the potato was very well done, and soft in the middle. Overall, my party and I had a very enjoyable experience and WILL be visiting again. :)

1  Thank cmfnk
Reviewed December 3, 2013

An absolute joy! My first visit to this prestige establishment was with some friends. We decided to stop in for a quality meal after a long day at the Bay. I had the chicken asparagus pasta with prime rib rolls for an appetizer. We sat at the bar and Mary, our server, was just phenomenal! She knows how to engage her guests in conversation and keep the mood lite and enjoyable, and our martinis were never empty. For dessert I had a slice of the carrot cake which was such a generous portion I was able to take some home and enjoy the following day, it was AMAZING!!! Very pleased and certainly we will be returning again. Highly recommended going time and time again.

2  Thank Ceth K
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a group of ten visit 1812 for an anniversary dinner one night when the restaurant got slammed with customers causing poor service. After expressing our disappointment, the owner and manager had us back out for a truly wonderful evening a few weeks later. The food and beverages were terrific and the staff made the whole evening a very memorable one ~ service at its best! We will be back!

2  Thank AOD6