“Above average but prices are too high”

1812 Food & Spirits
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The food is just above average but the prices are very high. My girlfriend and I ate tthere this weekend and all I had was two appetizer s and 2 glasees of wine my girlfriend had a chicken dish and 2 glasses of wibe also . The bill came out to $70. Don't think I'll return.

1  Thank Dtestworkin

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was wonderful and as we sat outside the service usually suffers - but we had a wonderful waitress who really paid attention.

2  Thank Galbk
Reviewed August 31, 2013

On a recent trip to Port Clinton for a 5-day getaway we ate dinner twice at 1812 Island House. This restaurant is in an historic hotel close to Lake Erie. The food and wine choices are many and the nightly specials are quite a bargain. Our service was excellent both times.

1  Thank Margie R
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We do eat $100 meals on a regular basis. We went to Putinbay during the day and were staying at the Island House. I had read good reviews for the restaurant. My son wanted pizza so we walked to Marco's down the street and got him and pizza and my husband and I had a nice dinner. Neither of us were super hungry so we ordered 3 appetizers and a full sized salad. We had the french onion soup (which was the best my husband ever had), chicken wings (which he wanted to order another plate). I had the prime rib rolls and asian pear salad. I let my husband have one bite of my prime rib rolls, but that was it. And the goat cheese truffles in my salad were amazing. I ordered lemon pie for dessert. Almost comparable to my grandma's. We spent $80 which included 2 drinks. The atmosphere is amazing. We would drive to eat here again.

2  Thank SBHARTE67
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went for Lunch, and was looking forard to the Perch Dinner. It was quite bland, and way to much oil in everything, except the cole slaw, which was tasty. Would we go back? No, once was enough.

2  Thank JohnKare