“Unbelievable nasty”

Dining options: Late Night
Port Clinton, Ohio, United States
“Unbelievable nasty”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place has unbelievable nasty, hostile servers. I have never been treated like this in my whole life (I'm almost 70 now). Our experience was on Labor Day weekend, the place was almost empty and we were not even served and screamed at. Won't bore anybody with details. I will never go back there.

2 Thank artist737

Baytown, Texas
“An afternoon at Bootleggers”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I travelled from Baytown, Texas to Port Clinton, Ohio this past Labor Day weekend to attend a destination wedding. While there, I was fortunate to witness the bi-centenial ceremony with Ohio senators and political attendees honoring Commodore Perry and his part in the Battle of Lake Erie in 1813 during the war of 1812. After the event, I was in close proximity to Bootleggers Bar & Grill located next to the tall ships from the era participating in the ceremony, so I decided to stop in for lunch and observe the gala event from the patio area. John, the bartender/owner, was very attentive and polite, as well as quite knowledgeable about the event and the area surrounding Port Clinton, Ohio. I enjoyed fresh caught Lake Erie perch and refreshing beverages while I was there. Bootleggers has a covered patio, sun drenched patio with unbrella seating as well as the inside area of the bar and grill. The food was very appealing, the service was great and the prices were reasonable. I spent the afternoon there and returned with more friends later in the evening. If you are in this area, it is very worthwhile to sit in the comfort of Bootleggers and watch the sailboats and yachts as they pass heading out or returning from Lake Erie. The crowd is all ages and the waitresses/waiters were very congenial. All in all, I highly recommend this place. John, thanks for providing a great venue for food, drinks and atmosphere.

2 Thank texasrider1949
“Best food in town hands down.service rocks . THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Make sure you check this place out. Best food in town. The service was great and so was the view. bootleggers is the best in town

2 Thank funderstorm
“Awesome food for the area pleasant surprise”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped in after touring the tall ships for dinner. Upon approaching we I countered a 45 minute wait due to full restaurant. I had a perch dinner my husband the ribeye and it was more than worth the wait!!

3 Thank Defrank419
Springfield, Ohio, United States
“Rude Encounter. Definitely Do NOT Patronize This Place!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped in as potential patrons to look at the menu as well as to look inside the building. There was no one at the hostess station so we walked into the restaurant. About a minute later an older gentleman came up to us, slapped his hand on the sign posted on the building (which said "Please wait to be seated") and said "Didn't you see the sign?" We told him we just wanted to look to see if we wanted to come back. This person was incredibly rude. We were then met by another worker who said "Bye Bye"!!!

Clearly they are not interested in customers. The place was mostly empty on Labor Day weekend when they should have been booming. Now I understand why and based on the reviews below I am glad we did not waste our money. This place is certainly not a good representation of Port Clinton and should be ashamed to be in business.

4 Thank Amy H