“Fun Family Adventure”

African Safari Wildlife Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Drive-through safari park features more than 60 acres of land where hundreds of exotic animals roam free. Feed the animals right from your car and get up close and personal with species like giraffe, zebra, bison, alpaca, and elk. Walk-Thru Safari features different exotic animals, educational animal shows, camel rides, and one-on-one animal feeding experiences like our NEW Aviary Adventure!
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We took a 4 generations trip on grandparent's day. I took my 63 year old mother, 82 year old grandmother, and 17 month old toddler and every one of us had a great time! We got a deal from groupon and it didn't cost much for the 4 of us to spend the day there. My daughter is an animal lover, so watching her point and make animal noises, get excited and scared was the highlight for the 3 of us adults. I remembered going as a child and it has changed quite a bit since then. There doesn't seem to be the variety of animals there used to be in the outdoor safari. I remember ostriches and elephant rides from my childhood. It was also disappointing that the "highlight" animals are now behind fences, making it nearly impossible to feed them as advertised. I understand it's probably for protection, and I understand that, it was just disppointing when I had memories of them roaming freely and sticking their heads in the windows. The carrots are a bit expensive, since they are just carrots, but hey isn't everything?

Date of experience: September 2013
ASWPASWP, Public Relations Manager at African Safari Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. 4 Generations WOW!! We are happy that you picked to come and see us!! The animals behind the fences are there for the protection of the animals and our guests. We are currently working on updating our advertising to reflect that. We hope to see all 4 generations again soon!!

Follow us on Facebook for chances to win free passes to the park.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very fun place to go. Kids had fun as well as the parents. Get up close and personal with some animals you wouldn't get to see anywhere else. Car was very dirty after we were done but I would wash it ten times over to see the kids back there. Wide variety of animals and great staff to show and tell them. Very accommodating. Will go back. P.S. take a large bag of your own carrots, they are pricey in the park.

Date of experience: July 2013
ASWPASWP, Public Relations Manager at African Safari Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We do, however, ask that you do not bring your own carrots. We are governed by the Animal Welfare Act under the USDA, according to this act if public feeding is allowed, food must be provided by the animal facility, be appropriate to the type of animal and be appropriate for the animals nutritional needs and diets. If we allow our guests to bring in outside food, our park could actually be closed.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We got a great deal on Groupon for admission. I suggest that you use caution. My husband's car is already pretty beat up, so we didn't care. You wouldn't want to drive a new or rental car here b/c the animals bump into the car or fight over the food, using their horns. Also, be careful when the stick their head in the car b/c of their horns (or drool). Invest the $5 for carrots. We only had the cup with the pellet food, & some animals passed us up b/c they wanted to go to the cars w/the carrots. My husband and I had a blast! I would love to go again.

Date of experience: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It sounds like you had a great time. The animals do love their carrots. To them it is like candy! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We were at castaway bay and decided to make the drive to this. It was neat and very cool for my wife and I with our 2 year old to be able to feed the animals as they came right up to our car! With that being said one cup of food wasn't enough to last. For 42 dollars for 3 tickets you would think you get more feed. We bought more feed but it was another 8 dollars. I bet they make out on that deal. Overall it was fun and enjoyable just be sure to bring extra cash for the food

Date of experience: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you made the drive to see us, and had such a fun time. We hope to see you again soon!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2013

we went here for the first time on Labor Day weekend. Not a good time to go! It took us FOREVER to get through it and there were way too many cars going through at once. They need a better set up for that weekend. I don't know if it's like that any other time, but my kids were getting bored because it took so long. We also expected more of a variety of animals. Too many deer! Not sure if we will go back.

Date of experience: September 2013
ASWPASWP, Public Relations Manager at African Safari Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. The Giraffe are the pride of our park, and we are happy that you feel the same way. We hope to see you again soon!!

Follow us on Facebook for chances to win free passes to the park.