“Delightful Weekend Get Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Clinton
SunnySide Tower Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Port Clinton B&B and Inns
Maumee, Ohio
“Delightful Weekend Get Away”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I spent two weekend nights at the Sunnyside Tower. Anna was a wonderful hostess, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We felt very welcomed and comfortable. The house has charming decorations and was very clean and extremely quiet. The B&B is well off the road, next to some woods and a large park. It was a wonderful place to relax and unwind. The breakfasts were hand-made and excellent as was the company. We got some great advice on what to see in the area as well. The Sunnyside Tower was a great place to spend a special weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My friend and I stayed here on the first leg of our vacation. Anna and Kevin are the most wonderful hosts. They are gracious, hospitable and friendly. We enjoyed their company. Breakfast was wonderful. The Inn is very clean, comfortable and relaxing. The walk to the lake is nice and a great way to enjoy the most beautiful sunsets. The surrounding streets is a good way to get a bit of exercise and a park is a great picnic area watching the lake. We can't wait to come here again. The most relaxing and quiet place I have stayed. If you do not take advantage of this most wonderful B&B, you are really missing out on a perfect get away.
Debbie Almon and Donna Paull

Room Tip: The Ivy room is charming and very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie A
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. I went the weekend of July 27-29 for a Girls Get-A-Way and we rented the entire house for ten of us. Anna and her husband, Keith, were such gracious hosts. There were more than enough beds and baths allowing each of us to have our own area. The B&B is absolutely charming, very clean and well taken care of. We couldn't have picked a better place.
Anna could be a Martha Stewart clone. She prepared a wonderful breakfast, gave us tips for getting around and was always ready to make our stay perfect. She fit right in with our group. There isn't a better person to run a B&B.
The location was great. We were just around the corner from the ferry dock making it easy for us to get to Put-in-Bay. Next to the property is a park with a basketball court, tennis courts and playground equipment for children.
The grounds of the B&B were beautiful. Anna takes pride in her gardens and it showed. There are also picnic tables, a great spot for morning coffee or just eating outside.
We loved our stay and had a wonderful time, plus we found the secret drawer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda336
Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights at Sunnyside Tower over memorial weekend, and I must say it was delightful! Our room was wonderful and Anna was a fantastic hostess. She went above and beyond for us, and was extremely accomodating. This is my first experience with a B&B and enjoyed every minute of it. Anna made outstanding breakfasts and the other guests whom we met at breakfast were very pleasant to talk with. We experienced no issues with uncleanliness and the establishment was extremely quiet for sleeping. I am very much looking forward to the next time I can return to Sunnyside!! Thank You Anna for everything!!! See you soon..

Room Tip: The Vineyard room has a nice balcony to enjoy the morning sun!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Clyde, Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I spent the night at Sunnyside Tower last weekend. What a nice place to stay! Anna, the manager, was a great hostess, we really enjoyed the B&B. I couldn't get over how nice and relaxing it was. Really enjoyed the breakfast, I was every comfortable, slept very sound. Bed was comfortable. I would recommended this to my family and friends.Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank andrea e
Castalia, Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I went to Sunnyside Tower for an overnight stay with a group of girlfriends. We had an excellent time. The B&B is quaint and comfortable and the woman running the B&B, Anna, was the perfect hostess. I was concerned because of a negative review I'd read, but never experienced any problems with cleanliness or bed bugs. Anna has recently become the new Manager and she has done some wonderful things with the place. We had dinner and breakfast there and everything was wonderful. We also watched a movie in the great room and enjoyed the fireplace on a cold winter night. It is an old farmhouse, so those expecting modern amenities will be disappointed but if you're looking for a wonderful B&B experience, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Susan E
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We stayed over the summer and 2 rooms were infested with bed bugs. Several guests were bitten. A 3-year-old child had hundreds of bites! The owners only treated one of the rooms and did not use the preferred heat-treatment because it was too expensive. They also promised us a partial refund due to the bed bugs but never followed-through with that. They are dishonest...do not stay here!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#4 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to SunnySide Tower Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!