“Wonderfull Bed & Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Clinton
SunnySide Tower Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Port Clinton B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights at Sunnyside Tower over memorial weekend, and I must say it was delightful! Our room was wonderful and Anna was a fantastic hostess. She went above and beyond for us, and was extremely accomodating. This is my first experience with a B&B and enjoyed every minute of it. Anna made outstanding breakfasts and the other guests whom we met at breakfast were very pleasant to talk with. We experienced no issues with uncleanliness and the establishment was extremely quiet for sleeping. I am very much looking forward to the next time I can return to Sunnyside!! Thank You Anna for everything!!! See you soon..

Room Tip: The Vineyard room has a nice balcony to enjoy the morning sun!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I spent the night at Sunnyside Tower last weekend. What a nice place to stay! Anna, the manager, was a great hostess, we really enjoyed the B&B. I couldn't get over how nice and relaxing it was. Really enjoyed the breakfast, I was every comfortable, slept very sound. Bed was comfortable. I would recommended this to my family and friends.Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank andrea e
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I went to Sunnyside Tower for an overnight stay with a group of girlfriends. We had an excellent time. The B&B is quaint and comfortable and the woman running the B&B, Anna, was the perfect hostess. I was concerned because of a negative review I'd read, but never experienced any problems with cleanliness or bed bugs. Anna has recently become the new Manager and she has done some wonderful things with the place. We had dinner and breakfast there and everything was wonderful. We also watched a movie in the great room and enjoyed the fireplace on a cold winter night. It is an old farmhouse, so those expecting modern amenities will be disappointed but if you're looking for a wonderful B&B experience, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susan E
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We stayed over the summer and 2 rooms were infested with bed bugs. Several guests were bitten. A 3-year-old child had hundreds of bites! The owners only treated one of the rooms and did not use the preferred heat-treatment because it was too expensive. They also promised us a partial refund due to the bed bugs but never followed-through with that. They are dishonest...do not stay here!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank flyinshoe
Reviewed September 24, 2006

The inn dates back to the 1800s. It is decorated nicely; the inn is not intact from a historical perspective, if that is important to you. Although counters, etc have not been updated lately, they are in good shape. We stayed in the Catawba Suite, which has a small hall, a bedroom, den and large bathroom. There is also a private patio (no chairs) with a hot tub.

This is the only room that allows pets, and having traveled without our dog this year, I really didn't want to leave town again without her. The inn worked out very well for that purpose. There are walking trails through the woods (mowed, but not paved) that were wonderful for the dog.

One odd thing is that the room's main door is off the kitchen and it does not lock. We did felt safe, but for those who need tight security, I'm sure it would be a concern. The back door to the outside, where the hot tub sits, is lockable.

We were five minutes from the Miller Ferry over to Put-in-Bay (Middle Bass Island), and there is a nice park not far away.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family