“Worst Motel on Earth! 07-03-2013”

Clinton Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
“Worst Motel on Earth! 07-03-2013”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked our room a month in advance. Check in time was 3:00. We arrived at 5:00 and the room was still not ready. The girl at the desk said to come back in about 1/2 hour. We came back about 40 minutes later and the door was not completely shut. We went in and there was a cigarette butt on the floor, popcorn on the counter, dirt on the floors and hair and dirt on the beds. The room was shabby, dirty and extremely outdated and it smelled. The sliding doors did not lock and had a stick to keep them shut. It was a nightmare. We went to the hotel next door and got a much smaller room which was inconvenient as we had 4 teenagers with us. I asked some other guests and they said there room was horrible too. They are supposed to give us a refund, but it has not shown up in my bank account yet. BEWARE!

Room Tip: Skip this motel altogether.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
amherst
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night after spending the 4th on Put in Bay. Had a reservation, but upon check in and getting our room key, discovered the room had not been cleaned. We were told we couldn't get another room, they were full, and waited 30 minutes for the room to be done. While the housekeeping girl was friendly and apologized for the "mix up" there is simply nothing she could have done to make that room clean. Filthy carpet, cigarette burns on the bathroom counter (in a no smoking room, ha) and the smell was horrible. Thank goodness I always travel with Lysol.... Just keep driving folks, this place is a serious dump.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

Cresson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After we checked in and went to our room, we heard this loud "meowing" I immediately went to the front desk to get someone to come help me, the front desk lady niccole, came to the room with me for 30 seconds she was in the room, then ran out sneezing, she said the smell of the rooms were too stinky for her to be in,(seriously what about the paying customers that have to smell this) I went back out to the front desk, the staff said she couldn't go back in the room, I told the other lady to please go listen to the cat in the vent, she then did, she was helpful, I then asked for a manager, and staff stated there was no manager on call, she said there is nothing she can do, (what happens in an emergency- there is no one on call ???? this should be addressed) I asked if we should call humane society or 911 she said "they are going to bust the walls down to get the cat" all she was worried about was the walls being broken, I asked her what if the cat dies up there and someone would be sleeping with a dead cat-she did not care, I then asked for a refund, and it all in writing, which the other lady at the front desk wrote one up for me. she said it would be 3 business days till I get my refund, today is the 8th business day and still no refund. 4 days after this incident I called and spoke to a manager who was very rude, and said "Poor staff cant handle the smell" Seriously "Poor staff" what about me what about the poor cat, I am 5 hours from home with no place to stay it was 8 at night and she tells me "Poor staff" I am filing with BBB about this incident report. I still am unsure if the cat is still in the vent or if it passed away. They are very unprofessional and the rooms are disgusting. My family and I travel a lot, and never did I experience such rude, uncaring, and unprofessional staff. staff did not care one bit about the cat in the vent, I'm unsure if she just wanted to leave the cat there to suffer an extremely hard death because she didn't want 911 to tear the walls down or what. They should be ashamed of themselves. Its a living creature. DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGREAT IT.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were coming to Port Clinton for a night after a day on the island, and Hotels.com screwed up our reservation at a different hotel, so we went next door to Budget. Sue was extremely friendly and helpful during our frustrating situation. She got us in a room that night and even hooked us up with the shuttle and some coupons for the Jet. No, the rooms aren't 5 star but for the price and the convenience, it was excellent! Just what you need to come back to after a long day at the Bay. We will definitely be back, and have already booked here in a few weeks. Thanks again for all the help, Sue!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I cannot put into a single review how horrible my experience was here. The rooms are tiny and smell like death. The ladies at the front desk very obviously hate their jobs because they are not nice to anyone. The "maid" was nowhere near done cleaning rooms by 3pm and was getting scolded by the front desk in front of us as we waited for our room, which wasn't ready. I would sleep in my car before I ever stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Leo, IN
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a budget hotel. The room was clean and the tv worked. It is 30 minutes from Cedar Point and around the corner from the ferries to Put in Bay. The staff is friendly and courteous. If you want a clean place to lay your head after a long day at Cedar Point this is a good, reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Indiana_Flyer
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Found a dead bug when we checked the bed. It was late and other places were filling up. They gave us another room. It was pretty bad but at least no bugs found. Window screen badly torn. Poorly maintained. Second motel in a row with bugs. Get me out of Port Clinton!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
OurGuest Inn & Suites
OurGuest Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to Clinton Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!