Arlington Inn
$99
QualityInn
$70
$65
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$162
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$128
The Island House Hotel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
OurGuest Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$79
Beachfront Resort(Port Clinton)
$90
White Caps Motel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsbait housewithin walking distancewatch the boatswaterfront roomthe jet expressno iron or ironing boardnothing fancybars and restaurantsroom was cleanhotel is locatedparking lotking roomwould definitely stay here againdockbayferryhalloween
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I just got back from a 2 night stay at (the old Lakeland) the America's Best Value Inn in Port Clinton and we loved it! Read the not so good reviews and tried it anyways as we have learned from other travels that one mans bad review is often one mans just plain rotten mood!! This spot is quaint and quiet - hard to believe it was right downtown! Get a waterfront view and you will be near heaven! The rooms are walled in knotty pine - REAL knotty pine! Very comfy! In the budget! The folks are as nice as can be --and my husband wanted me to add..terrific coffee! We have stayed "down the street" at the other guys..never again. This IS the place for our return visits to Port Clinton!! The secret is out! :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

With PUT-N-BAY being a 3 hour drive from home and Put-N-Bay lodging owners requiring a 2 night minimum stay, my husband and I had to resort to staying in Port Clinton. I was happy to find this MOTEL within walking distance to the JET EXPRESS boat dock. ( It's shocking to discover how high the lodging prices are in the sleepy little towns by Lake Erie. )
The lengthy gleaming description of this MOTEL on their website gave me high hopes, although the photos on their website left me a tad worried. Since the place had recently become part of the Best Value Inn chain, I was hoping the most expensive room ($180 with tax for a Saturday night for a waterfront) was the first to be updated. HOWEVER, my worries were confirmed when we opened the door to our waterfront room.
The carpet at the doorway was DARK & STAINED. It felt dirty when we took my shoes off. The room WAS probably top of the line-BACK IN THE 70'S. It was a trip back in time. The room was not actually dirty, it just looked dirty. It had old dirty looking baseboard heating, old draperies& bedspread, dark wood paneling, old lighting, college dorm looking furniture and the old blue & yellow tiled bathroom, complete with petrified bug on the ceiling. The bath towels (although clean and white) couldn't be any thinner.
We heard the continental breakfast bar was just coffee and vending machine danishes set up in the 8 x 10 lobby where you checked in.
THE PLUS SIDE - Quiet & convenient Location. Some of the lower lodging rates for the area (believe it or not). Room did not smell like a motel, Bathroom was clean (except for bug in corner), Bed was comfortable, water pressure good, air conditioning worked & at least that bug WAS dead.
If you just need to drop your head on a pillow without spending over $200.00 for a room, I would say this Motel is okay-but don't expect anything near finer hotel standards.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 24FUN-IN-NEOH
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We went here with our grandchildren. It was a great value, beds were comfortable. The grandkids loved the pool and being on the lake. Great access to restaurants allowed us to walk if we chose. You can see both a sunrise and sunset from the huge deck and there is access to Lake Erie. We plan on returning next year and bringing even more family.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband. my son and I stayed at the America's Best Value Inn over the 4th of July weekend. We had a lovely time. It is amazing that this hotel is located right in the middle of Port Clinton and yet is so peaceful. Also because of it's location, most everything in Port Clinton is within walking distance! We had a fabulous time and we will definately be going back. Cozy, clean and comfortable we felt at home far from home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TommyHaynes
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while participating in a birding festiva, during the course of a 28-day cross-country tripl. We found almost everything about it objectional, from the filthy stained furniture, deteriorating hardware, hard matttress and cheap linens to the tiny, cramped, moldy bathroom. In addition, we were unable to access the Internet, and the clerk on duty seemed to think it must be the fault of our equipment, even though I took my laptop to the office and showed him that it indicated that no service was available. The final negative occurred when I went to the office to check out, the prepared bill showed the rate was about $20 higher than the Internet price we obtained when we reserved it online. The clerk checked the records and made the correction, but that should not have happened. I would not recommend this place to anyone, and I have a difficult time understanding the favorable reviews I read on this site. I depended on them when making the reservation, and boy, were they different from our experience. In our 28 days on the road, this was by far our least favorite hotel/motel. We will never again stay at an "America's Best Value Inn" property.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple