Stay away from this hill-billy haven! We just went for the 4th of July weekend. Checking in on Thursday and out on Sunday. We arrived about 6pm, held up at the guard shack because we brought our dog. I had reserved a cottage that was "pet friendly" but we were not put there. Our teenagers had to stay at the guard shack with the dog while I went up to the hotel to figure out the problem. They finally "agreed" to let us keep the dog but I had to pay an additional $150 fee for pet cleaning. We got the the cottage and it was disgusting, dust bunnies the size of a small cat, cobwebs, one sink in the bathroom didn't work, exhaust fan broken and you couldn't turn the air down lower than 70 degrees. I asked for a cottage on the water, we were about 30 feet from it but they had not cut down any of the growth so you could barely see the water.
The cottage said it sleeps six adults, 3 full beds is not what I would promote for this cottage. 4 max just because of one bathroom.
I did like the pool area except for the fact that the kiddie pool was ice cold, they should at least heat. Kids don't want to play in ice cold water.
I was disappointed in the play area, dirty run down, no put put.
The resort is a joke for anyone who really wants to stay someplace nice, they certainly don't lie on the website but I would never spend another dime there.
They did have free WiFi but the cell reception was horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands is one of the top destinations in Midwest receiving nearly seven million visitors a year. Port Clinton is a central location to a wide array of fabulous activities that range from catching the Jet Express to the Islands; Cedar Point amusement park; several indoor water parks; winery’s; water sports; boating; fishing; camping & bird watching. If you love fishing you have to visit Port Clinton the Walleye Capital of the world. Our beautiful 375-acre waterfront resort is nestled on the Portage River, a tributary to Lake Erie, in Port Clinton Ohio. Erie Islands Resort enjoys an exclusive location very near the myriad of area activities but just far enough away to enjoy amazing Sunrises overflowing with spectacular color, Sunsets gently touching the water with a million dollar view in every direction and unspoiled star filled nights right at your door step. Erie Islands offers a variety of accommodations from our Victorian Style waterfront hotel, spacious cottages, luxurious vacation homes with private dock, or for the camping enthusiast 138 campsites. For our boating guest at Erie Islands we can accommodate you with our 100 slip marina. Indoor and outdoor enthusiasts, and children of all ages, will find a wide array of amenities and activities right here at Erie Islands. When you visit Erie Islands you will soon find yourself in the midst of a recreational paradise with our 15,000 square foot recreation center and 375 acres of grounds. Some of the many onsite amenities include restaurant, lounge, Aveda Spa and retail store, outdoor/indoor pools, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, kiddie pool, 10 private stocked fishing lakes, 125’ river fishing pier, exercise room, racquetball courts, basketball court, tanning spa, general store, snack bar, arcade, billiards, pool bar & disc golf course.At Erie Islands Resort & Marina, you really can have it all – it’s all about family, fun and relaxation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Erie Islands Resort Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Hotel Port Clinton
- Erie Islands Hotel Marina
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Port Clinton, Ohio