We arrived after a long day at work and two hours of travel to learn that our room wasn't our room. We walked into a room that already had other passengers' bags in them. Fortunately we didn't walk-in on anybody. The front desk was very confused and took about 25 minutes to figure out where my wife and I would stay. It took three staff members, and a phone call to someone else, to determine our correct room. While we waited in the lobby, the bartender kindly offered us two glasses of wine, which helped during the waiting.
After we got into our room, we were delivered a chilled bottle of wine as a goodwill gesture. My wife and I were very grateful for this.
During the next day, we were called about our dinner reservation. The hotel restaurant needed to change our reservation. After a couple phone conversations, a hotel staff member said he would box our dinner for us, so whenever we arrived back to the hotel, our dinner would be waiting for us. We loved that idea, so we could take our time on Catawba Island and around town. When we arrived back to the hotel, we were told that our food hadn't been boxed yet because it was being kept warm. A staff member personally delivered a full dinner of salads, rolls, two entrees (chicken breast and spaghetti), two pieces of cheesecake, and a bottle of wine. The food was good and very warm, but it was the personalized service that we appreciated.
Our room had a king-sized bed and was simple, but it was small. The bathroom was disappointing. There was no vent, so after showering, the bathroom was very steamy. A sign on the back of the door requested that the door stay shut, so no steam is released because it might set off the hotel's alarm. This was very annoying. Additionally, the water had an odor to it that remained in the air because of the absence of a vent. Lastly, the rubber doorstopper in the bathroom looked like an animal had chewed it. It looked gross.
The bottom line: The hotel staff tried ridiculously hard to overcome our bad start to the trip, which was redeeming and it would've been enough, but our frustration with the bathroom makes us unwilling to come back for a second trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands is one of the top destinations in Midwest receiving nearly seven million visitors a year. Port Clinton is a central location to a wide array of fabulous activities that range from catching the Jet Express to the Islands; Cedar Point amusement park; several indoor water parks; winery’s; water sports; boating; fishing; camping & bird watching. If you love fishing you have to visit Port Clinton the Walleye Capital of the world. Our beautiful 375-acre waterfront resort is nestled on the Portage River, a tributary to Lake Erie, in Port Clinton Ohio. Erie Islands Resort enjoys an exclusive location very near the myriad of area activities but just far enough away to enjoy amazing Sunrises overflowing with spectacular color, Sunsets gently touching the water with a million dollar view in every direction and unspoiled star filled nights right at your door step. Erie Islands offers a variety of accommodations from our Victorian Style waterfront hotel, spacious cottages, luxurious vacation homes with private dock, or for the camping enthusiast 138 campsites. For our boating guest at Erie Islands we can accommodate you with our 100 slip marina. Indoor and outdoor enthusiasts, and children of all ages, will find a wide array of amenities and activities right here at Erie Islands. When you visit Erie Islands you will soon find yourself in the midst of a recreational paradise with our 15,000 square foot recreation center and 375 acres of grounds. Some of the many onsite amenities include restaurant, lounge, Aveda Spa and retail store, outdoor/indoor pools, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, kiddie pool, 10 private stocked fishing lakes, 125’ river fishing pier, exercise room, racquetball courts, basketball court, tanning spa, general store, snack bar, arcade, billiards, pool bar & disc golf course.At Erie Islands Resort & Marina, you really can have it all – it’s all about family, fun and relaxation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erie Islands Resort Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Hotel Port Clinton
- Erie Islands Hotel Marina
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Port Clinton, Ohio