Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
$99
QualityInn
$70
$65
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$162
SleepInn
Arlington Inn(Port Clinton)
$89
$76
The Island House Hotel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
OurGuest Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$79
Beachfront Resort(Port Clinton)
$90
White Caps Motel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$69
1,181 results
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanpool and hot tubshuttle servicevery nice hotelcedar pointcatawba islandmon ami winerygreat place to stayroom keybreakfast bargreat roomcomplimentary breakfastfree shuttlestaff was very friendly and helpfulmiller ferryparking lot
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Date stayed Labor Day weekend 2013 during tall ships event. The hotel was very clean and modern. I stayed on first floor room. The room was clean, no smells, everything worked, had flat screen TV with HBO and sports channels and had free Wi-Fi. The free breakfast was better than expected with eggs, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, cereal, bacon and different drink choices. The pool and hot tub was indoors and very well maintained. There were plenty of restaurants and stores within walking distance. Staff was helpful and very friendly. They had a free shuttle that was easy to use and drops you off downtown in the parking lot for jet express. Only minor complaints, there was some cobwebs on ceiling and it was peeling in spots and our window had a crack in it. There was only one bar close by and it was dead. So you will have to drive for any nightlife. Wish the hotel was within walking distance of downtown but its only about 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean G
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hello Sean G,

It was AWESOME that you were able to make it to the Tall Ships event. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am sorry for the housekeeping and maintenance issues you incurred during your recent visit. We hope you will come back to see us again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely Hotel and very friendly staff. Everything was clean and pleasant surroundings. Rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was a good selection. The view from the outside patio was great and the "great room" had a great view.

Room Tip: Second floor and our room overlooked the water.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings 71funtimes,

Thank you for the fabulous review about our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We greatly appreciate you letting us and other travelers know about your recent visit with us. The view out the backside of the hotel is awesome and on some days we have a lot of different wildlife. We are so happy you took advantage of this. We hope to continue to be your chioce for lodging while visiting Port Clinton, Ohio.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Decent location, but the price was high and the room was just not up to typical HI Express standards. There were some holes in the walls and everything in the room just basically looked worn. I was solo on a motorcycle ride and only staying one night, so it was not that big of a deal, but I expect more from both HI Express and for what I paid.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you can. There are plenty in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BcOneSeven

Dear BCOneSeven,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Reviews whether good or bad keeps us informed on how we are doing. We a disppointed to read that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are very dorry for the maintenance issues you had while with us.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Another business trip, another hotel. GPS easily located this one. Driving up it was easy to see the new sign and old(er) building adjacent to the McDonald's.

Upon entry to the lobby, it was clear that this was an older and well utilized property with a few recent updates. The area is known as a tourist destination. I wonder if the tourists realize there's a nuclear power plant about 15 miles to the west?

Front desk staff was cordial and quickly got me checked in. I was advised my room was upgraded to include "the Jacuzzi". Entering the large room, I quickly understood what they meant. Instead of a closet, there was a large Jacuzzi tub in the corner near the room door, walls covered in tub to ceiling mirrors. The only thing missing was the disco ball.

There was an open closet (okay,a hanger bar between to walls) in the back of the room adjacent to the window with ample room. There were several hangers and an ironing board with iron.

The A/C unit was operating and could easily cool the room on this hot, humid, summer day. Unfortunately, like all Holiday Inns I've stayed in, the wall a/c unit was noisy. Hopefully one of these days, HI will install quiet cool units. Until then, don't expect silence when you sleep.

The bathroon was small and you had to close the door in order to have access to the small, round bowl toilet and shower/bathtub. Lighting was decent. Water pressure good. What really bothered me was the cleanliness. The sink was filthy (you don't want to know what I found in it). I cleaned it but noted my dissatisfaction to the front desk clerk.

The bed was adequate, but bouncy. There was an assortment of pillows to choose from. I found one that was not too lumpy. Glad I only stayed 1 night. NOt sure my back or neck could tolerate a long stay.

Breakfast was the typical fare. Cheese omlette, sasuage, bacon, cinnamon rolls, cereal, some fruit, juices, and coffee. I think they also had yogurt and waffles.

Overall, it was just another average hotel experience. Would I stay at this property again? Probably not until they correct the noted isssues. There are a few botique hotels in town that may be better suited.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and intersections of hallways.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Barisarius,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy traveling schedule to let us know about your recent visit with us. I would like to apologize for any and all issues you might have incurred during this stay. We recently did over a million dollar renovation on this establishment and we are very delighted and proud of the results. It was our pleasure to upgrade you to a whirlpool room. Once again thank you; we hope you treat this as a isolated incident and gove us a second chance.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The room was nice and the desk staff very friendly. The location was ideal for our trip to the safari. We will stay again when we go to put in bay.

Only issue was the room had the tiniest bathroom I have ever seen. You had squeeze between the counter and toilet just to be able to shut the door. If the door was open the tub was blocked so it was difficult to bathe my small child

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Deborah S,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express and Suites as your choice for lodging while visiting the African Wildlife Safari and Put N Bay. It is always a great pleasure to read such wonderful words of praise. Our friendly staff is one of our biggest assets and it pleases us you recognized them in your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!!!!