Stayed at the Holiday Inn over the weekend. It was just a 1 night stay as money is tight but we still wanted to go somewhere for our Anniversary and take the kiddos. So two adults, 1 five year old, and a baby in a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Port Clinton and it was lovely. We had more than plenty of space in the standard room. It was quite refreshing to see textured walls instead of the old and dated wall paper schemes. The view was actually nice over seeing a Marsh. The hotel is located super close to lots of upscale and laid back restaurants. And they had great breakfast options. We bought our coffee at the Mc D's next door in the morning but that is only because we are particular about our coffee and didn't want to give the hotels a try, not by any fault of theirs.
The desk staff was all super nice, they gave us a list and recommended some restaurants for us to eat at. Although, all the ones they recommended had really long waits and with kids we went for something else on the list that also gave a 10% discount with the room key.
The only thing that I didn't fully enjoy was the pool. The water level was a bit low, the steps were a bit slippery from what I assume is accumulating algae (although it could not yet be seen) so it probably hadn't been cleaned within that day, maybe longer. The water was super warm though so that is probably what had caused the build up in a faster manner than usual.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We know that comfort and convenience are top priorities on every traveler’s mind. That’s why we designed our Holiday Inn Express & Suites® experience around your unique needs. Stylish accommodations and streamlined guest services help get you where you’re going, while our signature bedroom and bathroom collections might give you a reason to stay behind.A vacation at Lake Erie doesn’t get any better than when you stay at our hotel overlooking one of Ohio’s northern lagoons. Our large selection of comfortable and modern rooms and spacious suites are equipped for a great family vacation plus you’ll enjoy a HOT Breakfast, large atrium-style indoor pool, and children 17 and under stay free! The hotel has a stable and robust high speed wireless internet. •FREE Jet Express Shuttle (time and availabilty varies)•Free Express Start HOT Breakfast served every morning•Large atrium-styled indoor pool and whirlpool•High speed Internet access - Reliable, Robust and Fast!•Business center with fax and photocopy service available•32" HD Flat Panel Televsions - ALL HD - 72 HD Channels•Microwave and refridgerators in each room•In-room coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and safe•Free local and 800 calls•Children 19 and under stay free with an adult ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Port Clinton
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton Hotel Port Clinton
- Holiday Inn Express Port Clinton
- Holiday Inn Port Clinton
- Port Clinton Holiday Inn
- Catawba Island Ohio
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton Ohio