“Very Nice”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Columbus, Ohio
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family and I stayed 2 nights at this location and it was a very nice hotel. The lobby was very nice and my dad enjoyed sitting downstairs in the evening. The people working the check-in desk were great and extremely helpful. The only issue was the hot tub. It was not hot and for my family and I, that is a huge part of out decision when considering a hotel. The first night night we spoke to the front desk and was told the manager had to be called. On the second day, the manager had not called back and no one was allowed to even turn up the temperature. It was disappointing. Other than the hot tub, our hotel stay was nice and we will return in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel room was a nice size, and very clean. No complaints.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Greetings Tsjho,

Thank you for choosing our facilitiy as the place to stay while visiting Port Clinton, Ohio. I would like to apologize about the issue with the jacuzzi. We hope you will treat this as an isolated incident and come back and visit us again. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Kim Bartish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Willard, Ohio
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel was the perfect place for our weekend getway! The hotel was not only very clean and modern but also had a wonderful friendly staff! It is important to be treated well when your away from home and this hotel sure made us feel at home! I would recommend this place to everyone! Thanks Holiday Inn Express & Suites PC for a perfect stay - we will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: The Continental Breakfast was very tasty and had a lot to choose from!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings Ditz_accounting:

A "perfect" review for a perfect stay. It enlivens our spirit to know that you had such a perfect stay. We love knowing that we exceeded your expectations and more. We look forward to welcoming you back!!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel 3x now. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and quiet, with ample parking. Lots of food service nearby, plus their continental breakfast is great. Only negative is rooms are in need of updating soon, ie bathrooms are showing some age with stained caulk, etc. Very convenient for trips to the islands, and a lot less expensive.

Room Tip: Get room at end of hall for quieter sleeping.
Dear Go Lotus,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Your continued patronage is valuable to us. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us and other travelers. Take care till we can welcome you back.

North Palm Beach
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Everything was good. Folks were very accomodating. Room was clean. Ask for the list of resaurants that give you 10% off if you show them your room key. (note: stay away from Jolly Roger's!). Breakfast was plentiful & hot.

Greetings NPBGrerg,

Thank you for the review and your wonderful words of praise. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your recent visit. We hope while visiting Port Clinton you will always choose us as your hotel choice for lodging.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We chose this hotel based on the reviews and the overall quality did not disappoint! Clean, pleasant staff, and the location was great! Free shuttle to Jet Express was a nice perk too! We did book last minute and got the last room available which was handicap accessible with two double beds... The beds were not comfortable for two adults together...In fact, I didn't sleep but a couple hours! The kids slept okay! I didn't try the breakfast. We will definitely be back and book a room with a king bed!

• Stayed August 2012
Greetings OSUBucksRN,

Thank you for the raving review about the staff and establishment. We are overjoyed that we could make your stay with us a very pleasant experience. Our area has a lot to offer tourists and I am happy that you and your family had a great time. We look forward to your next visit.

Wellsville
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice staff , clean rooms , great location , Also the have shuttle service to take you to and from local attractions , was very pleased with my stay at this place. Excellent breakfast in the morning too .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear John W,

Thank you for your words of praise!!!!! The staff and myself appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are estatic that we could exceed your expectations. We hope to serve your future lodging needs.

Union, Kentucky
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was looking forward to staying here based on what appeared to be good reviews. We stayed 5 nights. Here's the skinny. Room: Patch of wallpaper ripped off in bathroom. Could not open bathroom door all the way, it rubbed against the floor. Beds SMALL and springy. TV good. Fridge was not cold, had to call to get another. I spilled some bottled water on the floor and grabbed a towel to clean it up. The towel was filthy after I sopped up the water. I did not show that to my wife because she would freak out a little. At night if you looked out the window it would be covered with BIG spiders on the outside crawling all over the place! OK for me but again, I did not show my wife. View out the window was of lilly pads, it was different. Pool: Kids seemed to enjoy it. Business Center: I was able to print out Cedar Point passes so that was nice. Exterior: All the lights and rear entryways were COVERED in alive and dead bugs. Parking was good. Pretty good location I thought. Breakfast: Come early if you want a banana.or hard boiled egg. After 9 the selection dropped like a rock it seemed. Pancake machine was fun for the kids. Warm bacon was so overcooked when I had it it fell apart in my hands. Eggs were maybe a powdered product and on some days they made the fake eggs in the shape of an omelet/taco with some type of processed cheese food product in the middle. I tried one but had to dowse it in hot sauce of which they had packets, otherwise it was a fake egg, fake cheese train-wreck. The workers behind the desk were nice enough but I was told I would have to wait a day for a fridge that worked. The girls in the kitchen did not seem to enjoy being there or helping people. Overall: I will not stay there again because the value was not there. At maybe at 90 to 100 bucks I would return, MAYBE. I will explore other places to stay when in the area. Pretty sure I can find a better adventure and better value elsewhere:-)

1 Thank MarkInKY
Dear MarkInKy,

We are terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent visit to our facility. We take great pride in serving our guests to make them feel welcome and at home. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Whether good or bad comments from our guests lets us know how we are doing; and how we can improve. So thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Clinton
#1 of 7 in Put in Bay
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#4 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton? Share your experiences!