“Closed early - call before you show up.”

Monsoon Lagoon Water Park
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Closed early - call before you show up.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Online and advertised open, so we drove 30 minutes to the park only to find they decided to close early - as in 12pm early, an hour after they opened because it wasn't busy enough. What a disappointment for my family and the other 3 cars that pulled up after us.

5 Thank FamilyOrganizer523

Columbus, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“May never visit”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I did not visit this water park, but I did call them to ask a question. Thought I would share that they need training in customer service at least on the phone. I had won tickets to the park through a radio station, the tickets had an expiration date on them. I'm not sure why the expiration date wasn't the end of the season but it wasn't. So when something came up at the last minute and I couldn't use them by the expiration date I decided to call the park. The phone rang and a young person answered the phone Monsoon Lagoon with a little bit of a tone. I told them I was just wondering if the park honors the tickets after the expiration date or if that is not allowed. There was silence, then a gentleman got on the phone (I'm assuming a supervisor). The gentleman had a scolding tone and after I ask my question said no we don't honor them after the expiration date that's why there is an expiration date on them they are only good until that date. I politely said I thought I would check just in case. And we hung up. There was no thank you for calling, sorry but our policy doesn't allow that, and no please hold. I was shocked I was treated like that just for making a call and asking a question. I don't know if I will ever visit the park but I definitely will think twice before spending my money at Monsoon Lagoon. I realize I didn't pay for the tickets but I would have been spending money once I was in the park.

7 Thank FamilyVacation1998
DETROIT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“GREAT FOR ALL AGES!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my first time taking my family. My family that went range from the ages of 4yrs old-66yrs old. Everybody has a great time. The price is very reasonable. The food was really good and afforable. Free Parking which is a plus. Not, to mention there is a bar located right there in the pool. The water slides and bumpers and go kart was awesome. Great get away for 1 day. Will go again soon .....

1 Thank MSTREB95
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Management discriminates against food allergies.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been here for two years in a row and decided to take a friend and her son along with us. My friends son has severe allergies to peanut , dairy, pork and beef. The manager (older man) wouldn't allow his sandwich into the park. He was quoted as saying it was because of 911. What? Very nice ladies in kitchen and bag check helped us out.

1 Thank Zombie72
Parma, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bad for anyone with food allergies”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

They do not allow you to bring in food for children with severe food allergies even with documentation from a doctor. They make people with food allergies leave the park to eat. Not very accommodating.

2 Thank Andrea s