“Great Service!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
“Great Service!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the front staff went above and beyond to assist us when they had an extremely high occupancy rate. The rooms are slightly dated but clean and comfortable. Unlike some other properties it is completely non smoking. The hotel also offers a shuttle to the Jet Express dock!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AUDRIANNA_ASH, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Kbysb,
Thank you for the wonderful review regarding your stay with us! I always get excited when a guest has great comments on the staff here at Country Inn and Suites. The whole staff goes above and beyond for our guests. As you have noted, Country Inn and Suites, Port Clinton property is completely smoke free, which is extremely important to at least 99% of our guests. I am glad you used our free shuttle service to the Jet Express to head over to PIB, it really is a great convenience for most of the guests. We will see you on your next trip through!

Angela Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hickory Hills, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed three nights Aug 4-7. Hotel was in a great location for Cedar Point! Rooms were very clean, shower pressure was awesome, breakfast was good, and the staff was very pleasant! The pool was a bit small but good enough to suit our needs. Fresh fruit when we arrived and every night when we came back to the hotel. The rooms have modern furnishings, and the beds were pretty good. The only thing was the building needs an elevator. It was tough lugging things up and down stairs. We would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pamw78,
I appreciate your outstanding review from your stay with us in August 2013. We are glad you got to visit both us here in Port Clinton, and also Cedar Point in Sandusky. I hope you had a great time at the park. I am with you, I do think that the renovations that we had done tuned out great! We hope that the next time you are in Port Clinton, you will stay with us again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is a 30 minute drive to Cedar Point, which we were going to on two days. It seemed like a longer drive due to several detours off the main highway. The hotel served a free breakfast in the morning, which was actually pretty good. The room seemed clean, until my phone fell down between the bed and nightstand, and I found a bunch of old Froot Loops cereal. The bathroom was small and the door did not close all the way. Also, the lid to the toilet seat did not fit properly, so you could see down in the tank on top. These were very minor things, and were not really worth complaining about since we were only there for two nights. If you're visiting town to go to Cedar Point, I recommend staying at a Cedar Point hotel. There wasn't anything to do in Port Clinton at night, and it was hard to find places to eat. The two older ladies who work the breakfast in the morning are so sweet. In between refilling food trays and coffee, they made a point of talking to the guests and making you feel welcome. It was a nice added touch and they should be thanked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Travelgirl L,
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel, Country Inn and Suites Port Clinton. I am glad you enjoyed the free breakfast, our two ladies, Sandy and Carol are awesome! I am sorry it took you a while to get to Cedar Point, due to the detour situation you had, it usually only takes around 15-20 minutes to get to the park. I apologize for the debris you found in your room, I will be sure to go over your review with the staff, so we can make sure that the areas between the furniture get a little more attention. I do hope that you will stay with us again.

LaGrange, Indiana, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

When walking in I noticed that a front desk staff member was bent over the counter resting her elbows on the counter like she was bored. The second thing was that both girls behind the counter were not in uniforms. Just in regular street clothes, nothing bad but just unprofessional however both girls were extremely nice. The bathrooms were huge! The bed was great loved the bedding and slept wonderful. The pool and breakfast were great. If in the area again yes I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of the hall on first floor and could hear no noise from above so I don't th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jacqueline S,
Thank you so much for your great review of our property! I am glad you liked the beds, alot of our guests really get a great nights' sleep here. I do hope you were not put off by some of the front desk being out of uniform, it seems like it took forever to get them in this year. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the pool, I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean and modern, the hotel is easy to access from the highway, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rates are good and the facilities are excellent. Highly reccomend. The pool and work out room are nicer then most country inns I have seen.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sag45877
Dear Sag45877,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you brought up most of the other reviewers sentiments,our rooms that are clean, our great rates, and a fantastic pool area. I hope that you got to enjoy our complimentary full breakfast before you headed out for the day, it is awesome! We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2013

If your thinking of a trip to Cedar Point and looking for a clean and comfortable hotel then I recommend a stay at Country Inn & Suites. Not a lot of frills, but clan rooms and comfortable beds will help you be prepared to take on the rides and walking in a better fashion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank General20
Dear General20,
Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Country Inn and Suites Port Clinton. We hope you had a fantastic time at Cedar Point! I hope that we will see you again for your next Port Clinton/Sandusky outing.

Warren, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Let me say this was more than I could have hoped for... Shantel, who greeted my girlfriend at the desk was awesome. she helped make the days leading to the proposal outstanding. She made sure we had champagne on ice and went to the florist and got the most beautiful roses I or my now fiancee have ever seen.

The breakfast were good and the overall stay was great. We would stay here again when in Port Clinton and that is the bottom line isn't it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AUDRIANNA_ASH, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Don P.,
Thank you so much for your review from your recent stay!
Shantel did do a great job with the roses and the champagne. The flowers were from Marys Blossom Shop in Port Clinton, and she always does a great job with the arrangements. the staff and myself (especially Shantel) were all excited to hear your girlfriends answer, and it made us so happy you both had a great stay.
Congratulations on your engagement, thank you for letting us share in your special occasion, and we hope you see you both again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Clinton
#7 of 17 in Port Clinton
South Beach Resort Hotel
South Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 3 in Marblehead

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton? Share your experiences!