“Comfortable”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on the weekend on 5/4/12 for 2 nights. The hotel just opened after winter closing and was running smoothly.
Pros:
The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly.
Good location: Hotel was just off interstate; Just 4miles straight down is Miller ferry and within 5 miles is Jet Express; A good Mexican restaurant is next door; Walmart super center is 1.5 miles away.
Good breakfast.
Room/Bed were clean.

Cons:
Carpet is stained and top floor hallway smells.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank G M

Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Sleep Inn is located right off Rt. 2, which is perfect for weary, night time drivers not looking forward to trying to find their hotel after a day on the road. But even though it *is* right off the highway, at no time during the night were traffic noises obvious. The lobby is very clean, light and uncluttered and has a computer for guest use. Check in and out was friendly and quick. The hotel has 3 floors (I think) with an elevator located right across from the check in desk. Our room was clean and comfortably appointed, bed bug check (always done) came up clean. The WiFi was slow in the evening, but I've found this to be a problem at most hotels anyway. There is a small indoor pool which my spousal equivalent wanted to try out, but the pump had broken that morning and they were waiting for the repairman. The bathroom has a nice, roomy walk-in shower. I know families with small children prefer tubs sometimes, so you may want to check ahead. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Air conditioning worked well (I like a cool room to sleep in) and wasn't overly loud. Even with a lot of guests (this time of year is birding week..weeks?...in Port Clinton and hotels fill up fast, so if you're traveling there be sure to make your reservations early) the only noise we ever heard in the hallway was a discreet knocking on a neighboring door at 5 a.m. (birders, I suspect). The hotel has a breakfast, but we have a favorite breakfast restaurant in Port Clinton and didn't partake, although, we did have coffee (always available in the lobby) and it was good and hot.

There are LOTS of places to visit and dine very easily gotten to in the vicinity of the hotel. The visitors bureau is right across the street. Dining choices are varied, many and good, so blow off the chains and visit some of the local eateries! Millers Ferry and Jet Express are just minutes away. Bergmanns Orchards is a fantastic place to stop in season for fresh produce and Cheesehaven has more types of cheese (a little pricey, but if you're into cheeses this is the place to go!) than you can imagine. We always try to make it to the Jolly Roger Seafood. If you like fresh, freshly prepared seafood, you have GOT to try the fried huge shrimp and lake perch here. It's a tiny, unprepossessing restaurant, but once you've eaten there you'll understand why the place always has business. Great Lakes Popcorn and Toft's Dairy are the places to go to satiate your sweet tooth (Vanilla Butternut popcorn and Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream!) FIsh Tales Diner has super good NE clam chowder and no one beats Dianna's Deli's breakfasts! Papa Jimmie's for the brisket pizza and Phil's Inn for delicious HOMEMADE meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Mon Ami Restaurant and Winery for a more upscale meal and Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse for incredible sushi. And that's just a smidgen of the wonderful places to eat! Visit Marblehead just down the road or hop the ferry or jet express for a trip over to Put In Bay..... Sleep Inn is convenient to everything and much more affordable than many of the area hotels.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bathtub, you might want to check first as the room we had only had a walk-in shower.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terri B
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was rather disappointed this evening when I attempted to reserve a room for my wife and I at this hotel like I have done for a local October festival for the last 3 years. They apparantly do not offer military rates anymore. As a disabled verteran they have generously offered this benefit when we have stayed in the past but it is not available now. It would seem that service to our country is not as well regarded at this Sleep Inn anymore.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if you are looking for military rates.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was only there for a night but the room was clean and the bed comfortable. No Bed Bugs! (I check) The breakfast in the morning was ok. The oatmeal was a little overcooked and gummy but I was good with the hard boiled eggs, bagels, cream cheese,juice and coffee. The tv was ok, not a lot of channels. Probably my only complaint would be the swimming pool. The pool itself was nice but the chlorine level was toxic. I submerged once and it was ten minutes before my eyes quit burning. Kept my head above the water line the rest of the swim.There was a good mexican joint next door that I ate dinner at. It was tasty and the price was reasonable. Although the hostess could use some lessons in friendliness.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hankEWait
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at the Sleep Inn Sept 5-Sept 9 on a short family vacation. The hotel was one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed at - the room was spotless as was the bathroom. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful and always available to answer any questions that we had. The Continental breakfast was nothing fancy but the food was fresh and there was a decent selection to choose from. The indoor pool was clean and warm and the hotel provided towels in the pool area so that you dont have to use the towels from your room. Overall we recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Port Clinton area.

1  Thank 820Heidi
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had originally booked at a different hotel close by but left after seeing and smelling the room. The staff at the Sleep Inn was so friendly. Was able to book us a room right then and there, checked us in right away and even let me see my room prior to booking. I was amazed at how nice the hotel was for such a great price. I would highly reccommend staying there.

1  Thank JacobsMama
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We would stay there again

1  Thank Audrey P
#3 of 17 in Port Clinton
South Beach Resort Hotel
South Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 3 in Marblehead

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!