“Great hotel, great service, pet friendly!”

Red Roof Inn Boardman
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel, great service, pet friendly!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel regularly for business and always stay at Red Roof Inns. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, and clean. And most reasonable in price. Recently, while traveling through to New York, my husband and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Boardman, Ohio. The hotel was what I have come to expect from Red Roof Inns, including the pets that we saw staying there. It had the added benefit that the gentleman that checked us in, John Wehringer, was extremely pleasant and most helpful. After twelve hours on the road, it was nice to find someone that was so nice and helpful. He was able to answer questions I had about the location and stay of the Red Roof Inn in New Jersey. He gave us great rate on the room, check us in quickly, and was a pleasure to talk to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The rooms, while spacious and clean, were a little less than I expected for the price. But that's not what bothered my husband and I. The staff was downright rude. Not only would I say rude. This hotel is "pet friendly" ha. That's a joke. They may be tolerated but friendly isn't the word I would describe for how they treated my fur babies. I wouldn't mind staying again, just so long as I don't have to deal with the awful, snooty staff again.

• Stayed September 2013
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello,
My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to adress the service issue you experienced with your pet. Please feel free to contact me directly any time at 330-758-1999. Again I thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Adam Pondillo
330-758-1999
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed September 13, 2013

After staying in a different Red Roof the prior two evenings which was a great facility, I thought I'd try another one. After booking the hotel online during my arrival day, I arrived late in the evening about 10. The hotel appeared to be well-kept on the outside. John W. at the front desk was very friendly/helpful and convinced me to sign on for the Redcard program. After a long day of driving I was ready to crash. I was assigned to a room on the 3rd floor which seemed very "bare". On a table in the corner of the room there was a bracket attached to the table which looked like it held a microwave, there was no coffee pot, there was soap but no shampoo and it appeared at one time an open place in the wall held a smoke detector. And the room was horribly cold with the windows fogged up since the air must have been turned on for hours. The bed was decent which was all I cared about at this point. I couldn't figure out if the hotel was renovating this room or what but it seemed awfully stripped of the normal amenities. I don't know that I'd recommend this hotel to anyone based on the room I received. The higher rating is due to the helpfulness of John.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank H W
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After a long 12 hour drive with a dog I couldn't have asked for better customer service. John W. was working the late shift and set me up with an outstanding rate and went out of his way to make my stay comfortable. Usually, the person working the late shift at these kind of places is pretty tired by that time and don't go out of their way. John took pleasure in his job and making customers happy.

It was one of those experiences that make you want to keep coming back to Red Roof Inn. Especially if you have a dog, I can't imagine why you'd stay anywhere else! All the other hotel/motels were charging $10-$35 for a dog for one night! In the morning, Alexia also provided me with a hassle-free checkout and was very nice. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

John Wehringer was exceptionally helpful and absolutely exceeded our expectations of the customer service. On two occasions, he helped us print off some important documents even though he did not need to. He took the time to make our stay enjoyable, relaxing, and pleasant. We would stay here again just because we felt so comfortable there with John's service. Our room was large and clean and the air conditioning was nice and refreshing in the summer heat! Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was down with a few Canadian friends for a wedding and we chose Red Roof Inn because of the great prices. We were given great rooms with all the amenities we needed and were greeted by the friendliest staff around! They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was enjoyable and even took care of our flight information for us for our return trip. John Wehringer works the front desk at night and took the time to ensure we had everything squared away for our trip and everything we needed during the weekend. If you need anything at all, see John! I recommend this hotel to anyone passing through or staying in Boardman!

Room Tip: Talk to John Wehringer at the front desk and he'll do everything to make your stay enjoyable!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here one might because my best friend was getting married the next day, so we just had to keep him away from the future wife. We were greeted by John Wehringer. He was incredibly nice and super pleasant even though he was on the worse end of a double shift. I asked him about possible discounts because I am employed with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. He said "No, but since you guys take care of me with my rental needs, I'll take care of you." He set us up at a fantastic rate for the night! I can not say enough how happy I am with this visit. I will definitely recommend this flag to any friends who may be visiting and for myself for any of my hotel needs.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Davis Motel
Davis Motel
#2 of 6 in North Lima
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites North Lima / Boardman

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!