“Great Place to Stay!!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to a wedding on Saturday, August 3. When we checked in John Wehringer greeted us and checked us in, in an efficient manor. His demeanor and kindness was greatly appreciated after we drove around all of Boardman looking for a place to stay. After we were settled in and ready to go drinking with the newly weds we asked him for directions and he took the time to walk around and direct us in the right direction. It was a pleasure to have such a patient and kind person to make our stay welcoming and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment! It was dirty, hallway smelled like urine, and had more dogs than people staying there the night we were there. The room across from us had 5 large dogs that barked non-stop from 4-4:30am. Barking dogs was an issue the entire night and early morning. My son has bad allergies and we were not made aware that this was a pet friendly hotel. I will never stay at a pet friendly hotel or another Red Roof.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels, many of which are mom and pop places that may not be fancy but they are clean. Honestly, I am a traveler who only asks for clean. My room smelled strongly of smoke (my father smokes so I have a tolerance, but this was bad). Ohio is a smoke free state and has been for many years; for a room and hallway to smell that strongly of smoke means guests have been breaking the law and the management doing nothing!

But I diverge from my main point: cleanliness. Our sheets and comforter were stained, fuzzy, and just didn't feel clean. The carpets were not freshly vaccumed and the counter surfaces were dusty. Perhaps the stench of the room exacerbated the overall feeling of sleeping in an unsanitary place.

From the number of positive reviews, I see my stay (and my parents in an ajacent room who also were not pleased) seems to be abnormal, but I don't think I would ever give Red Roof a second chance. My strong stomach and simple expectations finally met their match.

• Stayed July 2013
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. Please know that our hotel has been renovated (June 2012). Red Roof Inn has many different renovation packages and different looks it chooses for its properties. Rest assured all the carpet, bedding, TV’s, and soft goods have all been replaced and upgraded. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Adam Pondillo
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When we checked in, John Wehringer immediately noted that our reservations were incorrectly done. John redid our reservations and got us a much better price. This Red Roof is in a nice area of town, with lots of good restaurants and shopping close by. It is also totally updated and has fridge and microwave, a nice extra. Very satisfied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family stayed on the third floor which was very quiet, but our room lacked in amenities. We didn't have towels or new soap in our room. However there was a half used bar in the tub and crumbs all over the floor, which made me wonder if the room was only partially cleaned. There wasn't any coffee made in the lobby the next morning, and the wifi wasn't working either. Had to call technical support and it worked for a few minutes and then not again. The tub faucet constantly ran so that needs repaired. But the front desk staff was friendly when I informed her of the coffee and Internet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2013

this was my second visit to this hotel , I must add that the front deck service JOHN WEHRINGER was very pleasant and generous on each visit he extends excellent service to all of his guest . very professional and kind personality.

Room Tip: come and early and check in