“Great Service, Nice Rooms”

Red Roof Inn Boardman
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Poland/Boardman Ohio for a few nights. My plane was delayed from Chicago so I called to let the front desk know I would be coming in very late and they said no problem. The man at the front desk who I became quick friends with (John Wehringer) had excellent customer service skills and made sure my stay would be enjoyable. He went out of his way and took a few minutes to make recommendations for the area. He was very friendly and professional. It is nice to experience great customer service like this when many hotels don't care about customers too much. The room was clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into the area. Thanks John!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in town for one night and needed a nice place to stay but didnt want to pay an arm and a leg. The stay was good and the man at employee at the frint desk John Wehringer was more than helpful. If you are looking for something inexpensive that is nice and clean, then this is the place for you. Because of John if I am ever in town again I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I would like to share a review with you concerning the red roof in at Boardman ,Ohio. After searching 5 other hotels in this area and finding my experience with them un satisfactory I Came across the Red Roof inn where I met John Weheringer. In handling the need of my family needs John has been extremely helpful. He arranged a 5 night stay for us in a room that was better than anything else I saw. Not only that but he has set us up with referals for possibly finding a permanent place to stay in Boardman.This is above and beyond anything I would have expected. If anyone is looking to receive great service and a friendly atmosphere all they have to do is ask for John and I am sure he will provide the best.

Room Tip: I preferred the view from the 4th floor facing front. Nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It isn't often that my experience is so positive that I would visit a ratings web site. I had the privilege of being helped by John Wehringer. Not only was he amazingly friendly, but he was extremely helpful and went beyond my expectations in helping us. I generally have not been a Red Roof Inn customer, but that has all changed since my visit to this Red Roof Inn thanks to John and his exemplary customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The old saying "You get what you pay for" is 100% true when it comes to this property. The woman at the front desk could not have been any more unhappy. The room was scary to say the least! The carpet was totally stained, the room had a disgusting smell, the bed was uncomfortable, the pillows were like bricks, the bathroom was a joke, and the air conditioner unit was beyond beat up. I will say this, if you don't care about what the room looks like or how uncomfortable the bed is....then sure this isn't that bad of a place. But c'mon how can a property be okay with presenting a to a guest under these conditions. Yikes...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. Please know that our hotel has been renovated. Red Roof Inn has many different renovation packages and different looks it chooses for its properties. Rest assured all the carpet, bedding, TV’s, and soft goods have all been replaced and upgraded. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Adam Pondillo

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Impressed with check in. I had stopped before and a woman was not nice, so I immediately left as I used to work cleaning rooms for this company back in the 80's. I went again hoping she would not be there. I was offered great price at a gorgeous hotel closer to Rt 11, but I wanted to see what kind of deal this place would give. John Wehringer was checking people in and was very down to earth talking with another gentleman and addressing all concerns, making small talk and was very friendly. When it was my turn, I asked him about the suite that had a separate room. He gave it to me for a regular room rate. I was impressed. I saw a frig and went to the grocery. Saved money there too. The girls in the morning were very kind and did not rush me as I was a little late checking out as I forgot my hairdryer. PS the Holiday Inn has bedbugs in the handicapped room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I arrived at midnight with a lost billfold/credit cards and was recieved by phenomenal front desk help. John Wehringer helped me order new cards, got me into my room, all while upgrading me (simply because of my bad night).

I had a great stay thanks to John, and he is the reason I would return to this location.

- Chad Brown

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Davis Motel
Davis Motel
#2 of 6 in North Lima
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!