“Great stay due to Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Boardman

Red Roof Inn Boardman
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great stay due to Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I arrived at midnight with a lost billfold/credit cards and was recieved by phenomenal front desk help. John Wehringer helped me order new cards, got me into my room, all while upgrading me (simply because of my bad night).

I had a great stay thanks to John, and he is the reason I would return to this location.

- Chad Brown

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
alanson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel room was very clean and even though they didn't have all the fancy amenities, it was a great value. They are pet friendly which is what we needed and your pets get to stay for free!! The only hotel in the area that doesn't charge a big fee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before. The king room was very clean, comfortable and had a large desk where I could do my work. Pets stay for free and that's a really good deal. Other hotels have extra charges if you travel with a pet. The staff was very friendly, especially John Wehringer, who found the best rate for our stay. That's unusual these days, someone trying to save the customer money. John even beat the internet travel sites' prices. When I'm back in this area, I will come back to the Red Roof Inn.

Somerset, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Booked this hotel after reading the positive reviews. Not sure what hotel the other reviewers stayed at but it sure wasn't the Red Roof Inn we experienced. Our room stunk. It smelled like they had just changed over to 100% non smoking the day before. The heater/AC was broken and filthy. There were stains on the pillowcases. The lock on the door was broken. There were cobwebs in the bathroomn and medical tape on the bathroom door. "Stuff" was stuck to the walls. Our friends were in the next room and they checked the beds for bugs and discovered two socks and a Cheerio between the mattress and box springs. Maybe there is a nicer section of the hotel but we we not in it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. Please know that our hotel has been renovated. Red Roof Inn has many different renovation packages and different looks it chooses for its properties. Rest assured all the carpet, bedding, TV’s, and soft goods have all been replaced and upgraded. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Adam Pondillo
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

While we initally pre-booked our room with an online service, and we realized upon arrival that the reservation was never sent to the hotel. We were greeted at the front desk by Mr. John Wehringer, who was extremely kind and very helpful. Our situation was immediately resolved with much ease. We were very pleased with the prompt service we received, not to mention that it all came with a great rate!

Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

After traveling on the road, staying at numerous hotels, over many days, We finally arrived to my original Hometown, Youngstown, Ohio. I hadn't been home for a visit for many years. I am very finicky about the hotels where I lodge and I'd rather pay more to ensure my comfort. Unfortunately we had been having a bad streak of hotel luck during this most recent trip. But when er got to red Roof Inn we were treated sooo great and respectfully. The Hotel was so clean and fresh, with updated decor and many ammenities, and most importantly......a soft bed...aaaahhhh. employee J. Wehringer gave us a real conciearge service like we were at a 5 star Beverly Hills hotel. And the price was very affordab

Room Tip: check online reviews, if someone takes the time to review a hotel, then service was very good or ver...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My home was broken into forcing me to stay in a hotel until crime unit could take prints... Unfortunate and hurtful to my family - wife two young girls and my three week old baby boy.... In a way it turned out to be a blessing by the service we received from John Wehringer. Not only did he offer us a great rate due to our circumstance and take care of every last thing we needed at the hotel, he stayed up at night and just talked about our area and what happened to me, the police response, problems around his own home etc... Giving me a chance to vent and giving me piece of mind... I've lived in hotels months at a time for work over a year and a half period, all over the south and eastern coast... I've never received service like I did at red roof poland and John Wehringer is single handedly responsible for my satisfaction and happiness w this hotel... Would reccommend to ANYONE... Not to mention the great room, cleanliness, and abundance of amenities... 5 stars... A++++++ it's good to see someone still knows how far hard work and true customer service go, something people nowadays have no care or respect for... Friendly to the whole family and the kids loved him as well!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Perception1943
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear about your experiences during your stay. We are happy it was a good one and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel real soon! In the meantime if you need anything just give us a call or stop on in!

Thanks again!
Adam Pondillo
330-758-1999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Davis Motel
Davis Motel
#2 of 6 in North Lima
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!