Red Roof Inn Boardman
Boardman Inn(Youngstown)
$45
$73
$99
All reviewsjohn wehringerfront deskexcellent customer servicegreat raterooms are comfortablehis jobhousekeeping staffon dutygreat roomrestaurants and shoppingfirst floordefinitely stay here againparking lotboardmanohiorobindog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was my first visit to Boardman, Ohio and to a Red Roof Inn. Even though I arrived late and with no reservation, John Wehringer was there to meet my needs and wish me a happy new year! He went above and beyond to ensure comfort for myself and my companion! He was even able to upgrade our room due to a cancellation. :)

With check out at noon, I know I will be able to make the most of my room tonight. A huge thank you goes out to John Wehringer for all of his understanding, empathy, and well wishes. He is truly a gem to the Red Roof Inn establishment and I can honestly say he made this visit special for us.

• Stayed: December 2012
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to thank you for the kind words you shared about the property and John. He is one of my front desk stars and I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrade and noon checkout! I will be sure to pass your comments on to him. It will make his day! We look forward to seeing you soon!

330-758-1999

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stopped staying at this location because their front desk was so rude, and the rooms were falling apart. I saw on the Red Roof site that they had renovated the hotel! I was so happy, since I've seen the NexGen renovations and they are awesome. Imagine my extreme disappointment when I walked in the room and it was the same room - same bad heater/ac unit - same bad furniture and fixtures (sink/shower). Of course, same old carpet, and broken fixtures - dim lights or burned out lights. I give up on this place. I won't be back-no matter what the price. False advertising about renovations.

Room Tip: Make sure you have them take off the security box fee - Red Roof is the ONLY hotel chain that charges you for a security box, whether you use it or NOT!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. Please know that our hotel has been renovated. Red Roof Inn has many different renovation packages and different looks it chooses for its properties. Rest assured all the carpet, bedding, TV’s, and soft goods have all been replaced and upgraded. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I checked in at the Red Roof Hotel around eight last night. The Customer Service Rep John kindly greeted me and immediately tended to my needs. He was kind, polite, and most certainly understanding. The room was clean, the sheets were white, everything was neatly placed and the staff was kind. I had never spent a night at the Red Roof Inn before, however due to the exceptional customer service exhibited by John Wehringer and the staff throughout my stay, I will certainly make it back soon.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The outside had gabage along the pavement. The hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke free but our room had a repulsive smoke smell. We asked for a second room and the second room had a heater/air conditioner with no frame and the locks did not work. I did not feel safe at this hotel. The bathrooms were disgusting also. For a few bucks more stay someplace else!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzannekz
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were in Poland to see our granddaughters Holiday concert. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. John Wehringer checked us in and upgraded our room to a suite and gave us a great rate. The room was clean and comfortable. The new mattress and pillows provided a very restful sleep. We will be sure to stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family