Red Roof Inn Boardman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wagon Wheel Motel(Youngstown)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsjohn wehringerfront deskexcellent customer servicegreat raterooms are comfortablehis jobhousekeeping staffon dutygreat roomrestaurants and shoppingfirst floordefinitely stay here againparking lotboardmanohiorobindog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We arrived at this hotel very late at night and so tired from driving.The hotel is nice and close to all types of restaurants and shopping which was so convenient.We proceeded to check in and were greeted by John Wehringer who was one of the most professional people I ever met.He gave us our room keys and made sure everything was perfect in our room and even made us fresh coffee.On top of that he even brought coffee to our room andmade sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it.The thing that made it special was his true smile and sincerity.You could tell immediatly that this person truly cared and is a true customer service oriented person.In our words THE BEST OF THE BEST!He made our stay terriffic and we will always come back to this Redroof inn because of John.Thank goodness there are still people like John who want to provide customer service and not just worry about the almighty dollar.

Room Tip: Always ask for John Wehringer
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very clean, well-lit parking areas and corridors, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend.
Thanks to John for his superior customer service!

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs at end of hallway - was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel is in a good spot, just south of Youngstown, Ohio on a busy commercial street connecting interstate highways. There are lots of chain restaurants nearby, and shopping. The price wasn't very high, and the room was clean, although the walls and furniture were scuffed.

What I wasn't totally thrilled about was the noise from our fellow guests! The walls are thin, and there was so much door closing, talking in the hallway (lots of use of the "f-word"), shouting in the parking lot outside our second floor window, and diesel engines running all night. It didn't quiet down until 2:30, and it wasn't just from one source, so I couldn't really complain to the management. It was just the whole environment.

And the sheets on the bed were the thinnest, worn-out sheets that I have ever seen. They were like gauze. For some reason, also, the person making the bed had tucked the thin blanket and sheet in carefully, but only halfway up the bed. The covers only went up to our waists, and I had to remake the bed. Very strange.

There were no "extra goodies" in the room, like creams, soaps, coffee making, etc. but I didn't really expect them in this category of hotel. No breakfast, of course, either. Very basic.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager253, Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Hello,
My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn in Boardman. I wanted to thank you for staying with us and offering your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I also wanted to apologize and let you know that we are aware that the hotel is in need of a refresh and are happy to say that big things are going to happen very soon! Our renovation finishes in June!! The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. .
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon,
Adam Pondillo

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were traveling with my parents to visit relatives in the area. My father booked this hotel over the phone. Reviews were mixed, but we decided to take a chance. We arrived late the first night, exhausted from traveling due to a delayed flight. We were met with indifference at the front desk and made our way to our rooms. What a shocker when we opened the door! We weren't expecting luxury, but we did expect a reasonably clean room. This place is so nasty, I would not let my bare feet touch the floor. Dirty, gross, worn-out carpet, horrible pillows & uncomfortable bed. Other "features" were a missing lampshade, leaky bathroom faucet and pry marks on the door. Oh, and only ONE small bar of soap that had to be shared between the sink and the shower. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The next morning we went down the road to the Marriott, but they were full. Next door to the Marriott was the Hampton Inn. We were able to book rooms there for the following day through the rest of our stay. We had to endure one more night at the Red Roof Inn. Upon returning to our room for the second and last night ever in a Red Roof Inn, we found a barefoot man sitting on the floor in the hall near our room on his cell phone. I don't know why he was in the hall and not his room. The place just doesn't give you a good feeling. We will never stay in another Red Roof Inn. The best part of our stay there was checking out. The person who helped us was very nice and we were thrilled to be getting out of there! I would suggest that they change the name to "Just Barely a Roof Over Your Head Inn".

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maui123xyz
GeneralManager253, Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Hello,
My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn in Boardman. I wanted to thank you for staying with us and offering your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I also wanted to apologize and let you know that we are aware that the hotel is in need of a refresh and are happy to say that big things are going to happen very soon! Our renovation starts in June!! The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. .
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon,
Adam Pondillo

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I generally make reservations online, but I was driving some distance and wasn't sure how far I would get. I decided to call the hotel directly to make sure of availability, and spoke with John. He was able to accommodate my request for a first floor room. I have some difficulty walking, and was traveling with my dog, so this was important. My room was large and comfortable, there are several restuarants near by, and the grounds are well lit. But John's warm welcome is why I will add this particular Red Roof to my list of 'will visit again' hotels when I am in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends