“Hampton Inn Youngstown”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Novato, United States
“Hampton Inn Youngstown”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had a good experience at this hotel. overall the hotel was quiet and pretty comfortable. Everything was easy to get to within the hotel. I did not have breakfast at the hotel due to the fact that meetings I attended included breakfast, but I found that the menu choices were typical Hampton which would have served my needs if I had eaten there. I would recommend this hotel for people who visit the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Youngstown, OH, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel was friendly, customer oriented and very accommodating. Thought they were "above and beyond" with many little things such as fresh baked cookies served at the desk at night, fresh coffee available in the lobby all day, breakfast at 6:00 a.m., nice size refrigerators in rooms. Also, hotel has recently been remodeled.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The desk staff was friendly, very accommodating for our group of 5. The extra pillows and towels needed were delivered to our room promptly. The room was clean, bathroom clean. The complementary breakfast was pleasing. I would definitely stay here again while visiting the Youngstown area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 113Trish
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in and stay there each time I go home to visit. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful, quiet safe area. I'm a single lady and it's nice to know I am safe. Breakfast is great oo

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Adelphi, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Satisfactory to good quality, clean room, short-term meals especially at breakfast. Coffee and snacks could have been left for the non-early birds for weekends in particular. I am from Maryland and I had a wonderful trip to Boardman experiencing my 40 Class Reunion from Youngstown South High School and I am very quickly running out of words to complete the 200 word essay required for your survey.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice hotel. Great location (close to great restaurants). I had some issues with the tub not draining but they were resolved as soon as reported. Breakfast was very good. Stop at the Springfield grill next door!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Athens, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I checked in and went to my room. The hotel is obviously old and has not been updated in some time. The "business center" is a single computer in a nook near the lobby. The ancient printer was out of paper. I went to my room and started to do some work at the desk when a bug started flying around and flew straight into my face. I brushed it off to notice it was a stinkbug...who had two friends on my wall. I grabbed some toilet paper and "relocated them" to the toilet. Slightly grossed out, I went back to work.

Just before going to bed I picked up some clothes I had put on the floor by the heating/AC unit...only to find that they were soaking wet. The unit had leaked all over my clothes and the carpet around the unit. At this point I felt compelled to say something.

I called the front desk and told the gentleman about the stinkbugs. He responded, "Oh yeah. Someone is supposed to come out and spray for them this week." When I expressed disdain that I wasn't notified of this known pest issue beforehand so I could find a different hotel, he replied "Well, there is a note in the lobby about the issue." I told him I did not see the note and would have much preferred to be told of the issue beforehand, he again said that it was posted for me to see. I went down to the lobby and took a picture of their notice (see my photo). The "notice" was a 2010 AP article about stinkbugs becoming a pest problem in Columbus-nothing about a stinkbug problem on their property or even in the same county! When I told him about the leaking heater/AC unit, he told me he would, "write it down for someone." No apology, no offer to dry my soaking clothes, nothing.

I understand that sometimes these things happen. I'm usually fine with it if the hotel tries to amend the situation (or at least offers an apology). The lack of care I was treated with today compelled me to create this TripAdvisor account just so I could comment on my stay. I stay in 60+ hotels each year and this has by far been one of my worst experiences.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank David J
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear David J,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience you had while you were our guest. I'm truly sorry that your clothes got wet and even more sorry that my front desk staff was not more helpful. Customer service is extremely important to us and I can assure you that I have already spoken with my front desk staff to make sure that this does not happen to another guest in the future. I hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Annette I.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman? Share your experiences!