“Comfortable, Enjoyable, and Safe Experience”

Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I experienced very comfortable stays with a concerned and helpful staff. The staff continues to keep the hotel clean & enjoyable. During the past several months I have been traveling following several surgeries and the staff was concerned and helpful. They helped me to be and feel safe even with the burden of walkers, canes, and other assisting devices. They have gone out of their way to see that the room was perfect for me. During this time I stayed in the handicap room and found this room as comfortable and pleasant as the other rooms in the hotel. Thank you for your care and good nights of sleep.

Room Tip: If you need physical assistance in the room while traveling ask for the handicap room and enjoy the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have made many, many trips to East PA from NW IN....our half way overnight stop is the Hampton Inn in Poland, Ohio. Upon entering, we announce ourselves with a happy, "We're Home!" Everything from the clean rooms, fluffy bedding and the welcoming staff at this inn is refreshing and fun. It always means so much when the staff recognize you each time and have a smile for you after a long trip. Pam, dining room staffer, greets us in the mornings with a smile and keeps the buffet stocked and moving...a real sweetheart. It's nice to stay in an establishment with familiar faces when traveling. If the weather is nice, don't miss a brisk walk in the municipal park....just beautiful!

Room Tip: When making reservations, ask if there are any sports teams staying during your stay....if so, ask t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've stayed at this conveniently located Hampton Inn several times over the past 8 years. It was beginning to show wear-and-tear three years ago, and on my recent trip, it really was "tired". The room was quiet and clean. While these things were appreciated, my shower was broken and the phone didn't work. Management was very responsive and these problems were fixed quickly. They also were kind enough to recommend a newer Hampton Inn down the street for my future stays to make me happier.

This hotel is no longer a good "value", and for the price, I expect something better. There were hints of up-dating (bathrooms) and LCD TV, but not what I would expect for a price of about $130/nt. This is disappointing because this hotel is walking distance to the Springfield Grill (great place to eat or drink), or Niccolini's (great italian food). Management's hands are tied regarding the updating, since this is a corporate issue. They are aware of it, but there's not much they can do. I have only good things to say about the local management (I told them that I'd be writing this review), but "corporate" needs to pay attention or they will start losing business to the Holiday Inn down the street or the newer Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: A third floor room in the "odd" numbers will insure a private wood view for privacy and qu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
YoungstownHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and for staying when you come to see your family.
I want to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Youngstown Hampton Inn another try next time you stay in the area. Make sure you come and check out all of our new updates from 2012.
Annette Iudiciani

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had booked two nights here on a business trip. When we entered our room it reeked of smoke, not stale smoke, but smoke coming up from the first floor. I always carry a small room spray with me so I tried that. At about 11:00 pm, we called the front desk because it was so bad. They told us that even though our room was non smoking, there were other smoking rooms on our floor and that they allowed smoking in the hallways! They told us to wet a towel and put it under the door. When I went to sleep for the night I had to cover my nose with a sheet because the smell was so bad. In the morning, I told the girl that we were very displeased with the hotel and that we wanted to cancel our second night. She then asked us if we wanted to switch rooms. I asked her why that option was not given last nught and she said she thought the hotel was booked uo last night. I then asked her if the floor she could put us on would be entirely no smoking and she said no. I told her that i wanted to continue cancelling my second night. She said ok and proceeded to hand us our bill. I asked her about their 100% guarantee policy and she said she had to charge us for the room, but that I could call this number to get a refund. I told her that would be fine. Not once did she say they were sorry for the situation. I did call the number she gave me and they are issuing me a check for the one night room fee.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
YoungstownHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay. We do try to accommodate everyone and do still offer smoking rooms, however we do not allow smoking in our hallways. My sincere apologies for no one giving the 100% guarantee at check out, this should have been done the moment you were unhappy and asked to check out. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and hope with our continued efforts to improve you’ll keep us in mind next time you stay in the area.
Annette Iudiciani

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Simple perfect stay at a Hampton Inn as expected. Clean room and great breakfast options.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I can't think of one bad thing to say about this place except for the door....wish it were automatic. The staff here go above and beyond....Caroline..Terry...Randy..jaylyne....and of course we can't forget the major of the place David...Annette has a heck of a crew there. And the property is going through a facelift and the improvements are awesome. A great place to stay with lots nearby...

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I just didn't like this hotel at all, if it weren't for a coworker staying here also I would have moved to the Hampton in Canfield just down the road. This Hampton is old. My room had dents/holes in door. Walls were all marked up and the carpet...my white socks were completely brown after walking on it ,.ugh I don't even want to know what the stains were. Just go somewhere else. This Hampton is in desperate need of some TLC.

• Stayed: April 2012
YoungstownHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for your review, you are correct the Canfield HI & Suites is only 6 years old. We are a 16 year old property with many updates scheduled for this year. We have also just recently updated our bathrooms.
I hope that you found your room to be clean and our service to be phenomenal.
Please come and check out our new updates in the end of 2012.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman? Share your experiences!