“very pleasant surprise”

Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Believe it or not this was the only place in the area that had a vacancy on the night of my stay. Who would have thought that hotel rooms would be scarce in Youngstown? I had stayed in a Residence Inn but not this one, so I did not know what to expect. I given a very warm welcome by the manager who gave me a bag of snacks which were much appreciated. I stayed in a Studio Suite which was huge. The room was spotless and very comfortable. I needed some assistance with transportation and another manager went out of her way to make sure I was able to make a connection. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was also very good. I grew up in Youngstown and still have some family there so I visit there a few times a year. I have stayed at all of the hotels in that area and this by far is the best. I will certainly try to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed in several hotels in the Youngstown area. This one is by far, not only the most comfortable as far as a home away from home. It is the cleanest! The breakfast is great every morning! I am a travel agent, travel quite a bit, and am very particular in rating a hotel this one is on my top 3 of the hotels I have visited this year. Thank you for making our stay great!!

Room Tip: The separate bedroom is nice, although the set-up makes it seem a little smaller than the studio. S...
Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the time I stepped into this hotel my every expectation was met! All my Marriott rewards requests were granted and even a goody bag was given to us upon arrival and that was great for my kids ;))

Room Tip: This hotel is centrally located with every possible eatery within waking or a very short driving dis...
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I am originally from Youngstown and when I visit I always stay at this property. It was like living in a condo with all of the comforts of home. Friends and family were able to come and visit (I had the two bedroom) with plenty of room for all. The renovations were beautiful with nice finishes and expertly decorated. The staff was friendly and professional. I recommend it to all.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel charged $250 to my credit card without authorization. Allegedly I smoked in the room. I explained to the General Manager that I don't smoke, but he insisted that there was evidence for that. When I asked to see the evidence, he refused to show it and informed me that he refuses to redeposit the $250 to my card......I was left with no other way than to dispute the charges with my CC Company.

Very confrontational, unreasonable and uncooperative General Manager.
I will be in the area for a while on a job, and although the hotel is nice I refuse to do business again there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Georg F
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Georg F,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Youngstown. We are a non-smoking facility and smoking is prohibited in all guest rooms. If evidence of smoking is found a $250 charge is required to cover the cost of returning the room back to its former condition. After you checked out, our Head Housekeeper did find evidence that smoking had occurred in your room. I sincerely apologize that when you stopped by to discuss this matter I did not have the photo evidence readily available. I do, however, have the photo and would be more than happy to send it to you.

Steve P.
330-726-1747

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are a family of five, including three kids ages 7 to 14. We stayed here for one night in July while visiting relatives in the area. We have stayed here several times on previous trips, the last one being in January 2013 (see my previous review.)

The staff is very friendly and the room and common areas were quite clean.

My only additional comment from the last review is is that the breakfast was excellent. It is was the best we had on this trip (which included two other Marriott properties in two other cities.) There was a great selection, including even two shapes for the waffles makers: regular and teddy bear. The eggs were excellent.

The prices had also changed since January: I reserved the same room type, but this time it was only $144 (vs $171 in January), in both cases for a 1 night stay on a Sunday night.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
YougstownRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We want to take the time and thank you for being a repeat customer of the Residence Inn Youngstown. We are very happy you enjoyed your visit again and that our service and cleanliness has stayed consistent from your last visit. Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast, especially the waffles and eggs. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the selections, especially our new shape maker for the waffle iron.

We look forward to your next visit.

Steve Patris, General Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice hotel - friendly staff - warm pool and "hot" - hot tub. Good choice of restaurants nearby and a nice local (non-chain) ice cream store within walking distance. Separate bedroom helps with privacy and can avoid tv fights, although a separate one bedroom does not necessarily mean a larger room, just a different configuration. It is a few miles off I80, so take that into consideration if you are traveling east or west on I80. It is one of nicer hotels in the area, including the I80 corridor. Kids like the breakfast but for adults - meh.

Room Tip: we were traveling on the w/e so lots of kids (traveling teams) - be careful of the room you select
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
YougstownRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. We are very pleased that you were happy with your service and that you enjoyed the pool and spa. We certainly hope if you are in the area that you stay at the Residence Inn Youngstown/Poland/Boardman again.

Steve Patris General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Home2 Suites by Hilton Youngstown West/Austintown
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Red Roof Inn Boardman

Been to Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland? Share your experiences!